1. News & Issues
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.
Robert Longley

IRS Announces Tax Rebate Schedule, Calculator

By March 18, 2008

Follow me on:

UPDATE: On May 15, at least two national news sources reported that the IRS had admitted to tax rebate processing errors resulting in tax rebates being sent to the wrong persons and as many as 350,000 families failing to get the dependant child credit portion of their tax rebates. [More Details...]

The IRS has announced that it will start sending the economic stimulus tax rebate checks starting on May 2, with the first round of weekly payments to be completed by early July. In addition, the IRS has launched an Online Tax Rebate Calculator to help people determine the amount of their rebate check.

Rebate check direct deposit or mailings will be made according to the last two digits of your Social Security numbers as follows:

Direct Deposit: Depending on the last two numbers of your Social Security Number, your rebate should be deposited by:

00-20: May 2
21-75: May 9
76-99: May 16

By Mail: Depending on the last two numbers of your Social Security Number, your rebate check should be mailed by:

00-09: May 16
10-18: May 23
19-25: May 30
26-38: June 6
39-51: June 13
52-63: June 20
64-75: June 27
76-87: July 4
88-99: July 11

Where's My Rebate? Find Out Here

Complete Details on Rebate Scheduling from IRS

The IRS advises that a "small percentage" of returns will require additional time to process and to compute a stimulus payment amount. For these returns, stimulus payments may not be issued in accordance with the schedule above, even if the tax return was processed by April 15.

Extended or Late Filers: To ensure you receive your stimulus payment this year, the IRS requires you must file a tax return by Oct. 15.

Your Rebate May be Reduced: According to the IRS, all or part of your rebate may be applied to back taxes or certain other debts, such as delinquent child support and student loans. In such cases, the IRS will send a letter explaining the reduction.

More Tax Rebate Resources
Where's My Rebate? Find Out Here
Tax Rebate Information Directory
IRS Publishes 2008 Tax Rebate Check Details
IRS Launches Tax Rebate Information Center
Will I Have to Pay Taxes On My Rebate?
To Get $300 Rebate, Kids Must Have SS Number
SSI and the Tax Rebate Checks
What if I Filed Before the Tax Rebate was Approved?
Tax Rebate Checks Become Scammer's "Bait"


March 24, 2008 at 10:47 am
(1) Lynn Doggett says:

I’m entering whole dollar amounts on each of the boxes and it keeps telling me to enter whole dollar amounts. I never get past the first page. What a pain!

March 27, 2008 at 7:41 pm
(2) cara says:

I just finished doing the calculator so I could see what it said about how much I would get…..I’m a single mom of two that can not be claimed by anyone else and it said I would only get $900!!! I should be getting $1200!! Why is it saying that?? And I did it over and over to make sure I was puttinging the information just like I was told to!

March 28, 2008 at 12:26 pm
(3) Kelly says:

It was very easy and I was done in 5 minutes or less with an amount I was due back…THANK YOU!!

March 28, 2008 at 12:28 pm
(4) Kelly says:

Lynn…did you enter whole dollar amounts without any commas or periods like…6700…you can add no nothing but numbers. Hope this helps

April 2, 2008 at 2:00 pm
(5) Michelle says:

How do you know if it will direct deposited?!or paper?!

April 2, 2008 at 2:29 pm
(6) Robert says:

Michelle — If you requested DD for your refund on your return, the rebate will go in by DD, otherwise, paper.

April 4, 2008 at 12:57 pm
(7) michele says:

i have to fill out a injured spouse form with my taxes every year due to the fact my husband owes child support money so if i dnt fill that out htey keep my return what is gonna happen now with the rebate ck will i get it or no

April 8, 2008 at 3:47 pm
(8) candice says:

Michele, your check will go to back taxes or any amount owed. You will get what’s left if any:(

April 9, 2008 at 10:06 am
(9) Sally says:

I had my taxes completed by Jackson Hewitt and had it deposited onto a total pay card through them. Is that where my rebate will go????

April 10, 2008 at 5:43 pm
(10) denise says:

I had my refund check deposited into my savings ,but I have a new saving account number where would my rebate come?

April 10, 2008 at 5:50 pm
(11) Robert says:

Sally — Call Jackson Hewitt. The total pay card is their thing.

April 10, 2008 at 5:51 pm
(12) Robert says:

Denise — the rebate will go into whatever account you told the IRS to deposit it to. If you have changed account numbers, call your bank.

April 14, 2008 at 10:07 am
(13) Toni says:

Who’s SSN do they go by if you filed jointly?

April 15, 2008 at 5:59 pm
(14) Norma says:

If the bank account is @ a negative and ready to close what happens to my rebate check?????

April 15, 2008 at 6:33 pm
(15) Robert says:

You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local
time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

April 17, 2008 at 2:27 pm
(16) Andrea says:

If I had my taxes done with H&R block and they cant put the refund on the emerald card can i give the irs my new bank account number and they put it there for me?

April 19, 2008 at 3:04 pm
(17) Trisha says:

I had a baby on April 9, 2008, if her ss# is assigned before they issue my check will I get the $300 for her, also?

April 19, 2008 at 7:07 pm
(18) Robert says:

Trisha — Only if you claim(ed) your baby as a dependent on your tax return.


April 19, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(19) Lori says:

Hi: If we had our taxes done by H&R Block and our refund was put onto our Emerald Prepaid card, will our rebate automatically go direct deposit onto that card as well? We have had our refund put onto our card for two years now. -Thanks

April 20, 2008 at 7:20 am
(20) josie says:

i had my refund sent to my emerald card with h&r.is that where my rebate is going?

April 20, 2008 at 9:00 am
(21) Robert says:

Everybody with this HR Block Emerald card question need to call Block about this. Block and the IRS have nothing to do with each other.

April 21, 2008 at 4:20 pm
(22) NANSHELL says:


April 21, 2008 at 4:23 pm
(23) NANSHELL says:


April 21, 2008 at 4:51 pm
(24) Robert says:

22. The IRS does not confirm address changes. You can either trust them or call them at: 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local
time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

23. Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local
time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

April 21, 2008 at 6:27 pm
(25) Tara says:

My boyfriend recieved a rebate notice in the mail, and I did not does this mean that I will not receive the rebate check?

April 22, 2008 at 11:45 am
(26) jennifer says:

i received a notice about the rebate in the mail & my boyfriend did not does that mean he will not get a rebate check?

April 22, 2008 at 1:09 pm
(27) Beverly Coleman says:

I am married with one child but my husband is incarcerated would i get the married status.

April 22, 2008 at 8:26 pm
(28) Karen says:

I don’t think it is right both my tax return and rebate goes to back child support.

April 25, 2008 at 9:48 pm
(29) Judy says:

This extra money is AWESOME, but the flaw is the fact that it can be taken….which to my understanding this money is supposs to help get or stay out of a recession, so why should it be allowed to be taken

April 26, 2008 at 4:17 pm
(30) JoAnn says:

I filed my taxes electronically and received an anticipation loan by direct deposit. Will I still receive direct deposit on my rebate?

April 26, 2008 at 5:36 pm
(31) Robert says:

You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

April 26, 2008 at 9:34 pm
(32) Loretta says:

What if you owed federal taxes? Will you still receive the rebate?

April 27, 2008 at 12:22 am
(33) dian says:

i did electronic filing and got a check thru my tax preparer.would my check go to him?or does it go to my address which has been changed since then.

April 27, 2008 at 7:39 am
(34) Robert says:

32. The amount you owe will be deducted from the rebate.

33. Call the tax preparer.

April 27, 2008 at 11:45 am
(35) Jackie says:

I was understanding that we would get $600 for individuals and $300 for each child, but it told me I was only getting $300 for myself and $300 for my child. Why is that??

April 27, 2008 at 1:21 pm
(36) Bob says:

I didn’t make enough money last year to owe taxes and my rebate is cut in half to $300 while people who make over $75,000 will have theirs reduced by 5 cents for every dollar over $75,000. Does that mean that everybody on social security and disability get theirs cut in half too? You never hear in the news that the poorest of the poor get theirs cut in half automatically.

April 27, 2008 at 3:47 pm
(37) Ashley P. says:

I didn’t make enough money last year to file my taxes, will i recieve a rebate check? Also, my fiance did claim his sister because he took care of her and she lived with him how much will he get for the both of them?

April 27, 2008 at 7:28 pm
(38) Robert says:

36. & 37 — You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

April 28, 2008 at 9:52 am
(39) donna says:

I want to know first of all, my husband and i filed married/jointly so whose ssn will they go by sending my check?

April 28, 2008 at 10:08 am
(40) Robert says:


You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

April 28, 2008 at 3:32 pm
(41) John says:

I guess, I should not quote the President, my last question has been deleated, but my SS# ends in 02, and I have not received my deposit. “The check, deposit, is in the mail” does this apply to selected individuals?

April 28, 2008 at 3:41 pm
(42) govafia says:

Answer to questions 39, 40. IRS Rebate Schedule info is phone # 1-866-234-2942.

April 28, 2008 at 4:44 pm
(43) Robert says:

#42. My answer to your question was deleted, too. I don’t know, or much care what Bush said, the IRS is sending the rebates and they say that ONLY direct deposit rebates are being sent this week. The DD schedule has NOTHING to do with your SS number. That only applies to the paper checks, sent by regular mail. If you really, really want to know when you’ll get your rebate, you need to call the people who are sending it to you — the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

April 28, 2008 at 4:48 pm
(44) Robert says:

Make my last message to No. 41, John.

April 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm
(45) Robert says:

Also to John, No. 41 — your comment was NOT deleted. You posted it under a different article. But, the answer is the same. Thanks to govafia (No. 42) we now know that the IRS number to call for delivery schedule is 1-866-234-2942.

April 28, 2008 at 6:30 pm
(46) Yeni says:

I have a student loan…will my rebate check go into that instead of me?

April 28, 2008 at 6:39 pm
(47) Robert says:

No. 46 — If you are behind on your payments, or have defaulted on the loan, the amount due will probably be deducted from the rebate. To find out, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

April 28, 2008 at 6:58 pm
(48) Brenda says:

When I filed my taxes via turbotax.com, i allowed them to direct deposit it into my account. My question is, will this check come direct depositted, or will it come by mail?

April 28, 2008 at 7:40 pm
(49) Robert says:

No. 48 — Direct deposit — into the same account your refund went to.

April 29, 2008 at 11:24 am
(50) sue says:

Does anyone else find a fault in this tax rebate refund.First of all,you can claim a child if he or she is a full time college student.Then this student tries to work and make a substantial amount of money but then dont qualify for the rebate.This child paid taxes as well as anyone else.This rebate has guidelines for income but why can a person make so much money and still qualify.A kid of 20 years old works and makes 6 or 7 thousand but doesnt qualify because he was claimed as a dependent on his parents income taxes but filed his own tax return.Now his parents dont qualify for the additional $300.because he is over 17 years of age.There is something wrong with this picture.

April 29, 2008 at 8:35 pm
(51) kristin says:

This year is the first year we had to pay in federal and state and I was unable to pay it. We just sent a $20 to each of them which was recomended by our preparer. will we get a check?

April 29, 2008 at 8:51 pm
(52) Gerri says:

my husband does not currently owe childsupport . but might when it comes tim to recieve our check in july. at what point will it be determined for the state to try to garnish and how do i find out HOW much i will recieve after the offset!!!! THIS IS INSANE AND A HUGE MESS

April 30, 2008 at 6:10 am
(53) r says:

52 — As always, You should call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time.

April 30, 2008 at 6:13 am
(54) Robert says:

51- call the tax preparer or call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time.

Folks, does there seem to be a theme to these answers? Call the IRS. They are the ones sending the money.

April 30, 2008 at 3:38 pm
(55) Rachel says:

i will like to know if iam geting some money and so how much .

May 1, 2008 at 11:47 am
(56) Emily says:

I’m sorry, but do some of these comments seem laughable to any of you? People complaining about owing back taxes and defaulting on student loans and owing child support. Duh, you break the law and the government is NOT going to give you free money! Not paying child support is a CRIME, people!

May 1, 2008 at 6:43 pm
(57) Emilline says:

If I call the IRS and give them the info to direct deposit my rebate will I get it any faster? I didn’t have the bank account when I filed in February. : ) Thanks,
To the single mom who’s upset because she’s only getting $900, be glad we’re getting anything hon! : ) They don’t have to do this but thank God they are, I’m a single mom with 2 kids too!

May 1, 2008 at 10:04 pm
(58) lee says:

what are the reasons you will not receive a rebete? back taxes, student loans , child support?

May 2, 2008 at 6:12 am
(59) Robert says:

58 — Yes, if the amount you owe the government is greater than the amount of the rebate, no rebate.

May 2, 2008 at 11:42 am
(60) Janice Thomas says:

What if the last 2 digits are 08 and you have received the direct deposit into checking account. Is there a phone number I can call to get information.

May 2, 2008 at 11:56 am
(61) Josh says:

I contact H&R block. If your deposit to your account came from H&R block and not the IRS directly, you will get a paper check. I sent them a pretty pointed email about them not communicating having them deposit the money could affect later transactions with the IRS. I know they didn’t know in advance about the stimulus check, but they should have disclosed this. It is a 2 month difference in receiving the funds for me based on my social security number.

I filed online. In this case, if you paid via credit card for your preparation w/H&R block, the funds would have been directly deposited by the IRS. If you elected simple pay, where they withold the charges for the preparation from your return, then you will get a paper check.

May 2, 2008 at 12:16 pm
(62) Robert says:

60 — I guess it’s okay with everyone if this time the IRS is ahead of schedule? Anyway, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

May 2, 2008 at 1:30 pm
(63) Nate says:

Love the extra money coming our way! It just paid for our spending money for our trip–BONUS! To all the complainers of this money–shut your pie hole! Be thankful that you are getting it. And if you haven’t paid your taxes or your child support and are upset because you aren’t eligible, that should give you a clear and definitive reason to get your head out of your azaz and make a better effort to pay your share like everyone else does! And the next time this happens you will be eligible. Stop belly aching or move in with your mom and dad–they’ll take care of you!

May 2, 2008 at 2:57 pm
(64) Samantha says:

My ssn ends in 13 and I still haven’t recieved my rebate.

May 2, 2008 at 8:12 pm
(65) John says:

Filed my return through HR Block and paid my tax due through debit to my bank account with HR block. I am not sure if i set for DD, but thinking that i paid the IRS as mentioned i assume that they have my bank information and that they will do the DD for the rebate instead the mail. Am right or wrong? Is there a way to let IRS know that you want it DD even though you already filed your return.

May 2, 2008 at 8:36 pm
(66) Robert says:

65 — Read No. 61, posted by sombody who finally did the right thing and actually called Block.

May 3, 2008 at 1:22 am
(67) Robert says:

My SSN ends in 08 and i didnt get mine today X-( anybody know why??

May 3, 2008 at 5:50 am
(68) Jeffrey L Smith says:

today is 5-3-08 and i havn’t had my rebate direct deposited as of yet. we filed our 2007 taxes by e-file and recieved return by direct deposit. schedual says rebate would be in our account by 5-2-08. what’s up?

May 3, 2008 at 6:01 am
(69) Jeffrey L Smith says:

just left question about rebate not being here by date reported. last two digits of ss are 08. whts up. is there any way to find out. could there be a problem. we fit into all required statuses. is there somewhere to find out or could it just be late because of the firt one going out. don’t know how to bugdet for it!

May 3, 2008 at 7:20 am
(70) Robert says:

68-69 — How about doing what about 50,000 other people a day are doing and call the people who are supposed to be sending you the free money — the IRS: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time.

May 3, 2008 at 8:33 am
(71) KH says:

Just curious why when you call the 1-866-234-2942 Rebate Line why they say they have no information for you when you give the information they ask for. And Robert I know that people ask the same questions over and over but stop being so harsh to people, everyone just wants to know what is going on and to try and understand.

May 3, 2008 at 8:52 am
(72) Robert says:

Okay, sorry. I’ve just added a link to this article that goes to an IRS web site where you can check the status of your rebate.

May 3, 2008 at 12:37 pm
(73) dolores moriarty says:

trustee, of trust which I have a life annuity resigned & accountant for trust filed for an extention. although I pd. my 2007 estimated tax, will this effect my rebate ck.

May 4, 2008 at 12:37 pm
(74) dianna luz cotto says:

I want to know why I dint recive a letter about my rebate I did my taxes in Hr block does that means im not getting my rebate

May 4, 2008 at 6:23 pm
(75) Robert says:

74 — You should call H&R Block. Depending in when they did your taxes, they should have told you whether or not you would get a rebate.

May 4, 2008 at 10:26 pm
(76) Patty says:

I owe back taxes that I have been making monthly payments on. I certainly hope that they will take it out of what I owe and not send me any money. It will help to take a big hunk off of my balance – that will help tremendously.

May 5, 2008 at 8:56 am
(77) tica says:

if u r overdrafted in your account that u got direct deposit in will it still go in to it?

May 5, 2008 at 9:17 am
(78) Robert says:

77 – It’s up to your bank. Give them a call.

May 5, 2008 at 10:16 am
(79) elizabeth says:

i received a letter stating i would be getting a rebate check, the last 2 digit’s of my ss# is 00 and i had my income tax dd. Should i have gotten the rebate on May 3rd?

May 5, 2008 at 11:53 am
(80) Robert says:

79 — I’d say yes, but who knows what the IRS says. Give them a call at 1-800-829-1040.

May 5, 2008 at 8:12 pm
(81) Dawn says:

I am a single mom and it tells me that I am not getting anything back!!! What a rip.

May 5, 2008 at 8:17 pm
(82) Courtney says:

I received a letter stating that I would be getting a rebate but when I use the calculator, it tells me I am not getting anything back. What does this mean? I just can’t imagine not getting anything back when I am the only one who works and I am a single mother.

May 6, 2008 at 2:31 am
(83) alfred says:

i cliam for me my son and and my girlfriend i been with for 8 yrs on my tax rebate im only getting back $900 when i should be getting $1200 back why is that

May 6, 2008 at 6:10 am
(84) Robert says:

83 — Since everybody’s tax situation is different, and final qualification for
the rebate checks will be decided by the IRS based on each individual’s
2007 tax return, all specific questions regarding the rebate checks should
be directed to the IRS. You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local
time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 6, 2008 at 9:25 am
(85) Shirley says:

I had two children in college and claimed them as dependents in 2007 (their only income was summer and college jobs). Due to their ages falling in the 18-24 bracket they are not eligible for any rebate. Seems like a forgotten group…the college aged kids, still dependent on their parents! Are they really “forgotten” or am I missing a way for them to get some rebate?

May 6, 2008 at 10:33 am
(86) Robert says:

85 — Yep, 18 and up are not eligible for the $300. If Congress had been asked to fund rebates for all dependents over 17, the cost would have probably sunk the entire rebate plan.

May 6, 2008 at 7:36 pm
(87) Mike says:

Robert, thx for your help. And I am glad that they are telling me I’ll be receiving ANY money, but to be honest, I will only believe it when I see it in my bank account. Dont trust the dates people, and dont freak out either…I suppose those dates listed are a general guideline…be patient and if it does not show up (those who have been told it will), in say a week or two, THEN call the IRS.

May 7, 2008 at 3:41 pm
(88) Tangela says:

I am better than bless to get this money. I am thankful for ever I get!

May 7, 2008 at 8:22 pm
(89) Jason says:

Just found out that our payment will be mailed instead of direct deposit. We went through Hr Block and got direct deposit. They use a third party to collect fees before our refund was direct deposited to our bank account. So I am assuming because of the 3rd party the irs doesnt have our bank info and thats why they are mailing our rebate instead. I am sure this is what is happening to alot of people. Good luck

May 8, 2008 at 12:26 pm
(90) Deb says:

My last two digits are 07 – haven’t seen a deposit yet….asked for direct deposit…entered the information on the web page to see where my return is – sorry, no information available. What now?

May 8, 2008 at 3:59 pm
(91) Brandy says:

Some of these questions made me laugh!! To all of you that owe child support (like my oldest son’s “father”) maybe if you supported the children that you helped bring into this world you would’ve got a rebate!!

May 8, 2008 at 5:40 pm
(92) Lauren says:

I filed my tax return as direct deposit. I’ve been trying to figure out whem I was getting my return because the last two digits are 18 and I still haven’t received it. Now I finally got info and it says im getting a paper check that will be mailed on the 14th, which isn’t any paymnent schedule. Can anyone tell my why I’m getting a paaper check and not direct deposit?

May 8, 2008 at 10:33 pm
(93) Santana says:

My husband and I file our taxes jointly. Will we get one check for the amount of the whole thing? or What?

May 9, 2008 at 6:11 am
(94) Robert says:

93 – Yes, one check, made out to the holder of the first Social Security number listed on the return.

May 9, 2008 at 7:08 am
(95) Dietra says:

Hey, my husband and I filed jointly and also did direct deposit, his name is on top, but we only received half the amount, what should we do?

May 9, 2008 at 7:26 am
(96) Robert says:

95 — Well, I’d be on the phone to the IRS so fast it’d make their little heads swim.

IRS Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local
time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 9, 2008 at 8:24 am
(97) MARK says:


May 9, 2008 at 12:09 pm
(98) brandy says:

my husband and i filed jointly and are only getting 600.00 back. what a joke…….what is 600.00 supposed to stimulate?

May 9, 2008 at 6:30 pm
(99) charles t curley says:

i’m checking on my rebate.according to the schedule i should have mine deposited by may9.i e filed.i put the info in and it says no record of me on file.i checked my tax return and put everything in the way the instructions said.i’m concerned because my accoutant made a mistake which i caught and had to do an ammended return.could this somehow be affecting my rebate?

May 9, 2008 at 6:46 pm
(100) Robert says:

99. Yes, the IRS has stated that filing an amended or late return will delay the rebate, if any.

May 10, 2008 at 11:07 pm
(101) Santana says:

I would like to know if anyone of you guys already recieved your check?

May 12, 2008 at 11:21 am
(102) Marilyn says:

I filed using Turbo Tax direct deposit, I should have received my rebate on May 9th according to the schedule and I didn’t. The phone numbers are only recordings and no live person, how can I find out where my rebate is? The online info doesn’t tell me anything either.

May 12, 2008 at 11:28 am
(103) Robert says:

102 – Others have posted that Turbo Tax has rebate information on their web site.

May 12, 2008 at 11:52 am
(104) Elizabeth Carollo says:

I recieved my tax return by direct deposit and have just found out that my rebate check is going to be mailed to me. Can someone please tell me why that is??

May 12, 2008 at 1:34 pm
(105) Robert says:

104 – The only people on earth who can tell you this work for the IRS.

You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 12, 2008 at 1:59 pm
(106) David says:

I filed my taxes in March and got direct deposit. My last 2 numbers are 12, its May 12th and I have not seen this rebate check. Has anyone else with low ss numbers got their check? Or is there others not getting their checks yet, too? If we owed the goverment money they’d be at our door knocking by now.

May 12, 2008 at 2:02 pm
(107) Robert says:

106 — You can knock at the IRS’ door. Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

If nobody answers, keep knocking.

May 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm
(108) RAMONA says:

this rebate is confusing i understand if u owe the irs student loans and child support u dont get anything back.ok i dont owe so whys it not allowing me to see when im recieving my tax rebate.

May 12, 2008 at 3:10 pm
(109) Robert says:

Who knows? Not the Shadow… The IRS knows.

Call them Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 12, 2008 at 6:36 pm
(110) Ken King says:

I cannot believe all the ungrateful coments on this rebate. Come on people lets show a little patience are you in that big a hurry to spend it. Its this me me me attitude that got us in this mess. Thank you President Bush for this rebate it will be well used.

May 12, 2008 at 9:14 pm
(111) marissa says:

my daughter got her check by mail on may 6 her last 2 is 13 hope this helps some

May 13, 2008 at 8:32 am
(112) JT says:

another of those lucky enough to have filed taxes with direct deposit in January, have SS# in first batch, but will be getting my “paper” check by June 20.

May 13, 2008 at 8:32 pm
(113) Kurt Showers says:

I received my rebate. filed joint return. rebate was $698. I checked my return thinking I would receive $1200. Not. I think you cannot receive more than tax paid. My tax paid was $698.

May 14, 2008 at 12:48 am
(114) Gary says:

Just FYI folks, if you use SBBT to pay the filing fees for your tax refund as most of us will do when using turbo tax, your rebate will not be direct deposited like your tax refund was, but snail mailed… wow, i missed the fine print I guess..

May 14, 2008 at 10:19 am
(115) Ruby says:

This whole rebate thing was nothing but a joke. The people on fixed income always come out the worst. I wish Bush and some of the rich would live in the real world for a month.

May 14, 2008 at 1:43 pm
(116) Alisha says:

My rebate was calculated that I should’ve gotten on May 9th and I still haven’t gotten and my mom was supposed to of gotten hers on May 2nd. How much longer is this suppose to take?

May 14, 2008 at 5:48 pm
(117) william says:

i havent received mine yet & idid it direct deposit

May 16, 2008 at 1:14 pm
(118) Alisha says:

Yeah, we did ours direct deposit too. And today is 2 weeks for my mom and a week for me. We were number 34 and my mom is number 20.

May 17, 2008 at 6:30 pm
(119) linda says:

So I should get my x-husband rebate check. I got his income tax check. does anyone know about this. Hope I get it,he owes back child support.

May 17, 2008 at 6:42 pm
(120) Robert says:

119 — Maybe there is justice, after all. :-) I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that the IRS isn’t too sure who’s getting how much or when they’re getting it.

May 17, 2008 at 10:32 pm
(121) Marianne says:

Robert,here’s a good question for you…
My husband and I filed a joint return with my elderly Mother listed as our dependent.
Will we be getting a $300 credit for her or will she need to file a return for herself? If so, won’t this bring up a ‘red flag’ at the IRS…if she shows up on 2 returns?
So far…no direct deposit for a 99 SS#…we should have seen it yesterday.
Our neighbor who is a #76 got his on Thursday !

May 18, 2008 at 7:57 am
(122) Robert says:

121 — As with all the other questions here, Robert’s answer does not matter. The IRS will answer when they send you (or not) your rebate. However, since your mother is over 17, no, you will not get $300 for her. You can also call the IRS at: 1-800-829-1954

May 19, 2008 at 10:00 am
(123) Jennifer says:

We filed on line and had to pay federal taxes. Will the IRS keep our rebate to apply to next year taxes? By the schedule we should have received something by now.

May 19, 2008 at 4:35 pm
(124) MIssy says:

I am sad at the moment. I lost my JOB, and they are telling me that I don’t get a check! I think that is very sad… I pay into taxes, and I can’t even claim my unemployment as an income! SAD SAD SAD SAD!

May 20, 2008 at 5:43 pm
(125) Ken B, says:

I just have one thing to say. I think it’s very unfair to have only three check ship dates for direct depositors and nine for people expecting a paper check. It’s not like your giving money to the people and it is more than likely it will be taken back in the future a piece at a time.

May 21, 2008 at 4:51 pm
(126) Nat C says:

OH STOP COMPLAINING..I dont owe child support ..I dont get unemployement..I WORK TWO JOBS AND have a child..AND I WONT GET MINE TILL THE END OF JUNE..and when I get it..ill be grateful for the extra not complain cause i want more sooner..

May 21, 2008 at 9:30 pm
(127) Missy says:

Well all I have to say is I have a 2 yr old, I work everyday dont owe the IRS or anyone else for that matter but happen to be married to someone who does, THAT REALLY SUCKS that me or my daughter wont get the money because of something my husband owes from before me.

May 22, 2008 at 12:12 am
(128) Michelle says:

RE:#50 I agree something is wrong with that picture. I have a 18 yr. old also who works and is a full time student. I claim her, because I take care of her and her tuition, I won’t get a rebate check for her and she won’t get a check. Just because she is 18 she does not get a rebate check. I believe this is age discrimination.

May 22, 2008 at 6:20 am
(129) r says:

128 — Nope, it’s just economics. To inlcude all dependents, regardless of age, would have cost so much that the amount of rebate per person or family would have been reduced to practically nothing, or the rebate program would have been killed completely by Congress. And, 18 year-olds who file their own separate tax return, and qualified for the rebate, will get one.

May 22, 2008 at 8:27 am
(130) Still waiting... says:

I should have received my rebate by May 16th. Is there a new schedule out since mistakes were made, or are Americans just left to wait and check their accounts everyday? My son’s birthday party next month is pending on this…

May 22, 2008 at 5:11 pm
(131) michelle says:

Wow!! Those of you that are worried about if your check will make it because of back child support are really sad. How dare YOUR child steal your money that you worked so hard for! And how dare your ex think that you should need to help pay to raise your child.

May 22, 2008 at 7:03 pm
(132) aj says:

to all of you that money is not promise to us so if they take it look at it this way the bill is paid or something is paid on it and you never seen the money so therefore you shouldn’t miss it.

May 22, 2008 at 9:08 pm
(133) Annette says:

My husband and i filed together but he owns his own business and is on a payment schedule with them, and he is also on a payment plan with his student loan, will this effect the check and i also filled out a injured spouse form for the taxes and the student loan. SO do you know what will happen to my portion of the check??

May 24, 2008 at 5:02 pm
(134) Billy says:

I had to pay additional taxes for 07,however the last year I got a refund it was DD,but when I try to find out the status of my rebate it says “session has timed out”? Why is that?

May 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm
(135) Jenny says:

My check should of came by now I did d.d and my last ss# is 06 I have two children & head of household so tell me what the problem is! I’m not mad cause you shouldn’t depend on something you don’t have it’s like counting your chickens before thry hatch

May 25, 2008 at 9:03 pm
(136) concerned says:

I got my rebate check 2 weeks ago and only got $900. I was suppose to get $1500. I didn’t because I didn’t make $3000 last year I was under the impression that if you are married you automatically got $1200 for individuals. The IRS didn’t say that each person had to make $3000 in income. What happened?

May 26, 2008 at 7:43 am
(137) Robert says:

Concerned — Yes they did. Several times, as published right here on these pages.

“Individuals who pay no tax and who have less than $3,000 of qualifying income will not be eligible for the stimulus payment.” — the IRS

“Even those who have little or no tax liability may qualify for a minimum payment of $300 ($600 if filing a joint return) if their tax return reflects $3,000 or more in qualifying income.” — the IRS

“For people filing joint tax returns, only a total of $3,000 of qualifying income from both spouses is required to be eligible for a payment.” — the IRS

May 26, 2008 at 2:24 pm
(138) Ian says:

My social ends in 70 and i did direct deposit for my tax refund and ur site says i was scheduled to recieve my rebate by MAY 9th and it’s MAY 26th. where is my damn check. i am depending on it. please e-mail me back

May 26, 2008 at 3:41 pm
(139) steve says:

Get a Job Cara. You have to work to get the 600 bucks. You are getting 300 for yourself and 300 each for your kids. I am guess that we are helping you with your kids already thru welfare. Be happy with what you are getting

May 27, 2008 at 1:47 pm
(140) mary says:

i moved and filled out a change of address form at post office, but someone told me the IRS could not forward rebate check. is this true?? and if yes. how do i give IRS my correct address??

May 28, 2008 at 6:32 pm
(141) santana says:

okay…im confused. so, since im a stay home mom and my husband was the only working person. he made $3,000..does that mean we still get the $1200?

May 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm
(142) Georgia says:

I move also and did a change of address cna someone help me. I would like to know if the the check will be forward to my new address or will it return to the IRS, just found out today if you filled with H&R block or any other tax services and you had diret deposit with them your tax rebate check will be mail out. Thanks to this site I would have never known, don’t even thing of calling any of the 800 numbers to the IRS you will not get a live person just a recording.

June 1, 2008 at 9:40 pm
(143) Stu says:

Wow, I read every comment. Too bad the Government couldn’t boost the IQ of it’s people. Dead beats who question their right to a refund??? People mad because they only recieved $600.00, then act like it’s nothing– The same ones who wine about $4.00 gas, well thats a lot of gas!!!

June 2, 2008 at 10:12 am
(144) NORMA says:

okay i’m suppose to recevie my refund by mail but i recently moved and i have been getting all mail forward to the new address will there be a problem on me getting my refund to the new address? i’m suppose to be getting my refund on june 6 thats what the schulde says..?

June 2, 2008 at 10:18 am
(145) Robert says:

Norma: Unless you filed the IRS’ Change of Address Form, your rebate will be returned to the IRS. If you call them, they can take care of this for you over the phone. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, not the rebate numbers, and call early in the morning your time. Other readers have reported sucess in doin this.

June 2, 2008 at 10:28 am
(146) Tom says:

I had my refund divided and direct deposited into two different accounts. Where will my rebate go, or will I get it by check?

June 2, 2008 at 11:01 am
(147) amy says:

Me and my husband filed jointly but my husband was the only one who worked? Will we get the 1200 or just 600?

June 3, 2008 at 1:15 am
(148) Kris says:

I did not file because being on disability I did not think I qualified–what do I do? And do I qualify? How do I get the ball rolling, so I can get some sort of rebate, so I don’t end up on the streets?

June 3, 2008 at 6:45 am
(149) Robert says:

KRIS and ALL: You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time. Call at 7:00 a.m. for best chance of getting them right now.

June 3, 2008 at 9:39 pm
(150) carolyn s. horace says:

when they say dollar amounts,they want you to enter it without commas or periods….hope that helps,now what i wasnt to ask it that when i got the first form or letter in he mail it said that i would get 600.00 and 3 hundred per child….
i claim head of the house hold and one child,im a single mother and im gratful to have anything coming back,but i just want it to be fare if you gonna give me anything back..
my rebate is suppose to be here 6-6-08 and that is a few days away.
i just got a letter in the mail today,6-10-08 and it said that i would get only 600.00 back,….im so confused 4real,…..whats really going on?

June 5, 2008 at 7:36 pm
(151) Ana says:

Im a single woman, head of household, I only received the amount of $300. 00. My friends are also single and not head of household and receive $6oo. 00. I call 800-1040 to find out if there was an error and was unsuccessful with the call..I don’t get it…I’m a middle income working adult not a child…trying to make ends meet….

June 5, 2008 at 7:54 pm
(152) Robert says:

Ana: You’ll have much better luck with calling the IRS if you do it at 7:00 am, your local time, no later. Several people have reported success in doing so.

June 5, 2008 at 11:07 pm
(153) Chelsea says:

To all the people complaining about not getting their check by the date they were told, If you actually read the info about this then you should know that it explains that if you do not recieve your payment whithin six weeks of your due date then contact them. So instead of waisting your time complaining that you didnt get your money yet..do something about it! Call the IRS assistance line at 1-866-234-2942.

June 6, 2008 at 12:22 pm
(154) Victoria says:

My check was mailed out May 16. I received it May 22. My SS# 01. I received 600. I too am a single mom with 1 child. I will not complain that I “ONLY” got back 600 instead of 900. They dont have to give anybody ANYTHING!! Some people are sooo ungreatful. All this whining about arrears!!! If you paid your child support or back taxes then maybe you’d get a check. You have no one to blame but ourself!! Thanks for the rebate check, it’s put away for a rainy day.

June 10, 2008 at 11:34 am
(155) kaye says:

can u get a rebate check if your on ssi?

June 10, 2008 at 11:38 am
(156) Robert says:

155: No

June 10, 2008 at 2:51 pm
(157) Althea says:

I have direct deposit & i still haven’t received my rebate in the time slot that corresponds with the last two digits of my social security number. Will a check be mailed to me & is there a number that i can call to speak to someone in reference to this matter?

June 10, 2008 at 9:35 pm
(158) Gabe says:

If I received my refund through direct deposit but I changed account numbers and banks will my rebate check be sent to me via mail?

June 11, 2008 at 2:30 am
(159) Matt says:

why did i get a $300 and not $600?

June 12, 2008 at 4:51 pm
(160) david says:

will i get a letter, saying how much i will get and when it will come threw the mail?

June 14, 2008 at 12:36 pm
(161) Larry Hayes says:

We were to get direct deposit. Still have not received.

June 16, 2008 at 1:44 am
(162) live says:

um if no one notice, the 4th of july is a holiday, sooooooooooooooooooo when am i gonna get my check?

June 17, 2008 at 2:26 pm
(163) bobbie dison says:

ive been waiting on my rebate check.for a while with excitment,then when i do get it ,the excitment is gone for the gov has screwed me on free money..everwhere it says 600 each for married & 300 for children,i should have got 1500 but guess what i only got 900 married & a child.my neighbor just got married & got 1200 no kids….something about tax disability,where did that crap come from….i was in need of a frigerator & a dishwasher for mine had tore up..thats what my plans were for & to pay bills,,,,so screw that….i guess the person on the news that said he bailed himself out of jail with his check,i guess you gave my other 600 to him…
what was said from the begining should have been giving,not under pay the innocent ,because the gov srewwed up on other checks…….

June 17, 2008 at 5:06 pm
(164) Gerriann says:

If your child was 17 when you filed will you
get the $300.00 rebate.

June 17, 2008 at 5:11 pm
(165) Gerriann says:

Will I receive a $300.00 rebate check for my
daughter because she was 17 when I filed??

June 17, 2008 at 5:15 pm
(166) Sande says:

Remember people, it is free money. I am certainly happy to get whatever I can as I did not expect anything at all. I think it’s the least the Bush Adminstration can do for Americans. Everything he has done thus far has put us in this recession we are in now. FYI – I am hearing that checks are coming a week earlier than the schedule has lined out. 2 of my friends, last SSN 54 got their checks yesterday.

June 17, 2008 at 7:27 pm
(167) Lavinda Giratas says:

I used the calculater to find out how much my family would be getting, but I don’t think the number is correct. I thought it was $1200 for married people and $300 for every child? I have a daughter and it read we were only getting $900 back? What happened?

June 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm
(168) Eileen says:

Owed $$ this year so we never got to choose direct deposit. Will it be dd with last year’s info or paper check – whenever it comes? And yes, I will also be thankful for whatever comes – don’t usually get ANY!!

June 25, 2008 at 6:56 pm
(169) Christy says:

My mom claimed me as a Dependant, but i still did my taxes and because she claimed me i didn’t receive my tax money. does that mean that i won’t receive a rebater either.. because i was looking at the calendar and my last two digits would be under.. may 20th and I still have not received anything.

June 30, 2008 at 2:47 pm


July 2, 2008 at 12:44 am
(171) emelda says:

if you owe irs will i still be qualified for a refund?

July 8, 2008 at 11:59 am
(172) majic says:

I am happy I received anything,but I am wondering why everyone is receivng 300 less than they expected.Is the calculator wrong or is everyone being cut $300?

July 17, 2008 at 5:01 pm
(173) ich says:

my last 2 digits end in 96 and it says it should be mailed by july 11, it’s now july 17 and i still haven’t got it..has anyone received theirs yet?

July 17, 2008 at 5:37 pm
(174) Robert says:

ich: Over 105 million of us, so far, but they aren’t posting here. Have you tried calling the IRS?

July 21, 2008 at 5:57 pm
(175) Joyce E. McConnell says:

On June 11 2008 I returned my rebate check as it was sent to my husband and me. My husband died in November 2007- there is no estate and the bank will not accept the check made out to both of us. When can I expect the check made out to only me?

July 21, 2008 at 7:43 pm
(176) Robert says:

Joyce: You need to call the IRS Tax Rebate Hotline at 1-866-234-2942.

August 2, 2008 at 6:03 pm
(177) RicetomaReott says:

I agreed with you

August 29, 2008 at 9:14 pm
(178) lookyousea says:

boy stone free pets stone girl night usa

January 7, 2009 at 12:13 pm
(179) Gary says:

Does any one know where i can find good info on the Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008. From what i have read, anyone who had bought a foreclosure in the past year would receive a $7,000.00 tax rebate over the next two years. I havn’t seen any tax forms that coincide.

February 16, 2009 at 3:26 pm
(180) Gwendolyn says:

I thought that singles were to receive $600 + $300 for each child. I only received $300 and I was wondering why?

February 19, 2009 at 3:48 am
(181) comonnow says:

hey cara the reason it is saying that you will only get 900 back is because you only have 2 children. each child gets 300.00 as do you. That is a grand total of 900.00 This is the amount for the stimulus check. Hope this helps.

March 3, 2009 at 11:38 am
(182) donald p. says:

i did not work in all of 2008 can i still get a stimulus check?

March 19, 2009 at 11:23 pm
(183) victor antonio says:


April 8, 2009 at 9:20 pm
(184) Andrew Yamasta says:

If we moved, what do I have to do to update personal information with you, so that my mail comes directly to my new address?

April 9, 2009 at 5:27 am
(185) Robert says:

Andrew — Not me. I’m not the IRS. You need to file an IRS form 8822 Change of Address with the IRS. You can download the form from the IRS web site at:



April 28, 2009 at 2:56 am
(186) cole says:

when do i get 900.00 in my bank, i done my tax last year, i am single ,is that goin to effect it?

May 28, 2009 at 6:31 pm
(187) kim T. says:

Ive made several address changes as well as prior problems with a previous person as my payee.I have since moved to another state(PA)and rid myself of the payee.I currently enrolled in direct deposit and have recieved my monthly payments to the account with no problems to this point.My question is @this point I have not recieved my rebate($250)to my account and was wondering if my previous payee would have the ability to meddle with this return even though I have removed them from my case.My last 2 digits are 96 and saw that my projected date to recieve this payment was may 16 for direct deposit.Is it possible that they may be mailing me a hard check or could it be a delay of the deposit to my account?Because of problems in the past with my payee keeping my payments either partialy or in full,I am worried that there may be a way for this person to somehow find a way to fraudulantly intercept my payment without my knowledge.Any answer would be greatly appreciated and allow me to sleep at night as well as retain the little sanity I have remaining at this point.Thank you.

March 31, 2010 at 4:55 am
(188) Federal Tax Extension says:

Good article regarding Tax Return calculator and i think it’s a really useful for US people and people are looking for free tax return calculator. For more information Federal Tax Extension.

April 2, 2010 at 6:03 pm
(189) Ronnie Roy Williams says:

I sm now living at a new address and I want my Stimulus check to be send to me, How do I make sure it does not go to my old address, since new people are living there? My new address is 2000 Wilson Rd. Apt. 26 Knoxville Tn. 37912 My phone number is 865-460-1648 I am using my friend computer to send this to you. I will change my address with the Post Office but in the mean time I do not want to loose my check should it arrive.

Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.