1. News & Issues
Robert Longley

USPS Sets Up Address for Newtown, CT Condolences

By December 18, 2012

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has established a special address where people can send condolences to those affected by the tragic shootings in Newtown, CT last week.

Persons wishing to send expressions of comfort and concern to Newtown, CT should address them to:

Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470

"We understand that there is an outpouring of support for everyone in the Newtown area and we hope to make it easier for those who wish to send encouragement and messages of compassion to those affected," said Kimberly J. Peters, Connecticut Valley District Manager for the U.S. Postal Service in a Facebook posting, adding, "Through letters and cards, families will be able to hold that friendship in their hands and to read those kind words at a time and place that supports their pace of healing."

Comments

December 18, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(1) Deb York says:

This is an inspirational and blessed idea. Thank You, USPS! Your ingenuity is appreciated.

December 18, 2012 at 7:46 pm
(2) Joan Hatfield says:

Thank you for providing a way for us to show our love and concern from throughout this compassionate country!

December 18, 2012 at 10:11 pm
(3) pam says:

Thank you for providing a way for us to send our love. All of our hearts are breaking.

December 19, 2012 at 7:34 am
(4) LeRoy says:

I bet a lot of parents wish they could start the day diferently!

December 19, 2012 at 7:40 am
(5) LeRoy says:

I bet a lot of parents wish they could start vthe day overThanks USPS!

December 22, 2012 at 11:38 pm
(6) Afia Baig says:

No mother should have her child taken away by violent ways. Let us vow to work to end the loss of innocence by violent deaths of children all over the world may it be by wars or other acts of violence.
Blessings
Afia Baig
On behalf of ICNA Sisters Canada.

December 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm
(7) GUNILLA HASSOLD says:

I CRY WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND THINK OF HOW ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING IT MUST BE TO SUDDENLY NOT HAVE YOUR CHILD THERE ANY LONGER. JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS, THERE WE SO MANY SPECIAL CHILDREN WHO’S LIFE WERE TAKEN. CHILDREN THAT CARED ABOUT OTHERS LIKE EMILIA PARKER, HER FATHER’S FELT WE DIDN’T KNOW HER. WE DIDN’T HAV TO KNOW HEAR TO FEEL THE UNSPEAKABLE GRIE HE FEELS

WILL THEY REST IN PIECE WITH THE ANGELS AND FEEL NO MORE PAIN KNOWING HOW LOVED THEY WERE BY ALL THEY LEFT BEHIND ON THIS EARTH.

AMEN.
AMEN

December 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(8) gloria says:

I heard about this address on Channel 4. I sent them an email asking for the address and they came back and said they did not broadcast on continent. I am so glad I continue to search and finally found the post office address. My team (Burns) that I work with (5) have all signed the card. I hope it gets to the proper people/place.

Our prayers are for the families and we know that the children are with God resting peacfully.

December 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm
(9) Paul says:

I’m truly sorry for the immense loss you suffered and still suffering. I wish there was something I could do like so many other good people have done to help ease your pain. Unfortunately, I’m not in the position to do so, and can barely help myself as I’m about 2 months from becoming homeless. As for the children (angels) and teachers/administrators (guardian angels), they had so very much of a future to look forward to. I would have gladly taken the place of any or all them.

So intense was the heartbreak all over the world, even for a guy like myself who doesn’t cry. Such an unfair act by this individual who very obviously needed help himself, yet, no one knew it. My hope for all of you is that you will focus on the delight of your children while they were around, and the things that made them and their surrounding world, special.

I apologize that I cannot send any monetary gifts to help make things better, but I’m a father of much older children now, and can only imagine the intense sorrow after the event for those directly affected, and therefore, offer my prayers.