How to Get Copies of Past Tax Returns
From your U.S. Gov Info/Resources Guide
You can obtain photocopies of actual returns you have filed with the IRS. You'll get a copies of the return itself, all schedules you filed, plus copies of all W-2s.
- Obtain and complete an IRS Form 4506. (See Related Features.)
- Form 4506 can also be used to order W-2 information only.
- There is a $23 fee for each tax year for which copies are requested.
- Mail the completed Form 4506 along with payment to the IRS office in your region. (See Related Features for more details.)
- It can take up to 60 calendar days to get your copies.
- Tax returns filed six or more years ago may not be available for photocopying.
- To download an IRS Form 4506, see the Related Feature below.
More How To's from your Guide to U.S. Gov Info/Resources