cut high ranking officials pay
- our government wastes tons of money paying politicians six figure salaries when most are already well off if we cut that back to what, say an upper middle class person makes a year we would save quite a lot. Most Politicians are well off anyways why do they need that much if they say they want to help they need to dig deep just like the millions of Americans that make much less than 200,000 a year. we could literally save millions every year gov' officials should be in office because they want to help this great country not because they want to fish in the rest of our pockets.
- —Guest nathaniel
- regulate local and state incomes for elected officials. Cut out the double dipping by officials who are reelected and collect both retirement and salary. Any elected official who has requested to collect retirement income should not be allowed to collect salaries from current positions.
- To save money, reduce the debt and interest payments. How do you do that? Federal and state governments can grow, harvest, and sell trees to raise revenue! This is my best idea.
- —Guest Marty Boone
- I have developed and implemented a warranty program currently being used at Army Post in Virginia that has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars. This program was originally developed for the BRAC contract recently completed but due to amount of money saved this program is now being used Post wide. My question is this type of program being used at other bases/posts to track and monitor warranties? Before this program if a equipment failed it was just replaced due to no tracking of warranty data. For every job performed on Post there is a one year warranty however with no program in effect to monitor and track them the warranties were not being implemented.
- Simply stop spending more money than you have. Easy. Once everyone realizes there are no more free rides they will become productive.
- —Guest anad
- pass law or pres executive order restricting that house members max personnel to 3 employees each while committee chairmen 1 additional and the speaker of the house 3 additional! the senate members 2 maximum employees cmm. heads plus 2 mijority & minority hds plus 3. all mbrs of congress 2 have 1 secretary Not included above. all congressional people pay 20% of their medical costs!!!
- —Guest jaqpc1
Saving tax payers money.
- fdny has an ambulance service that runs the vehicles all night long which is a waste of money, it's true the vehicles run on diesel fuel that saves money. but if the vehicle is constantly running all night long it's creating pollution and it's noisy and its not saving a dime,I suggest that we have electrical plug up post for our ambulance service to keep the oil & fuel from freezing ..it save$$$$$$$$
- —Guest Allen r Ryals
Saving Money Idea
- I work for the Department of Veteran's Affairs Health Administration, I was just assigned the task of ordering items needed for office and medical use. And in putting in order for said items I found that if an item is cheaper at one of our vendor we aren't allowed to purchase from said vendor unless our primary govenment vendor doesn't have the item or if they don't carry enough of the item on hand to provide for us. Then and only then we can go somewhere else. And usually the item to be purchased is 100$ more from our prime government vendor then it is for the exact same item at a different vendor but we aren't allowed to go with the cheaper vendor because it is against our regulation and it will make our prime vendor angry. I think it would SAVE the government way more money if we weren't bound by this rule, because not only would we be able to purchase items cheaper but it would leave more money in our budget to do more things.
- People learn and retain information in three primary ways, by manipulation (in other words, hands on), through the experience of others (passive watching and listening), and by actively reading. Government manuals and regulations are full of important information that is unfortunately long and onerous. As a DOI employee, my idea is that for those employees who learn better by listening and following along with a speaker, that the government encourage and teach them to use the synthetic voice, Microsoft Sam, which is part of the operating system in many government PCs. I think this would help those employees retain and recall information better, making them better employees and more valuable to their orgaizations since they would have better recall on important issues. Considering the popularity of audio books, I think this is an idea worth considering for at least a third of the federal workforce.
- —Guest Don
- Why not make unemployement require 4 hours community service per week or 8 hours per check to qualify for unemployment. It would help out the cities and communities by being cleaner maybe even painting over graffiti. The government is paying people to stay at home why not have those people who are making gov. Money help our communities. It might help city budget by not needing to pay people to clean parks when the unemployed people can do it. Imagine if you would multiply the number of people on unemployment by 4 hours a week that would make our country alot cleaner and comfortable to live in.
- —Guest Ramiro Flores
Congress and Senate pay
- All we have to do is let the States pay the salaries of congress and senators with no benefits from the Federal Reserve. Make it a prison offence to take bribes. Until then and only then will they vote for the States. Change the way they are paid and we will prosper.
- —Guest Darvin Wade
- Take the benefits away from the people in Washington. Pay just the regular guy. Stop full pay to justices after retirement.
- —Guest Mary
- Set up a flat tax of say 8 or 9% and discontinue filing taxes for most of the public.
- —Guest Dan Shaffer
Reduce printing costs
- Print on both sides of paper which would reduce paper costs by 50 percent
- —Guest Gerald Watson
- I think that if the politicians,all of them,could take a cut in pay,that would save a bunch of money,Plus why do we continue paying ex-presidents?Didn't they make enough off us while they were in office?They could lay off funding on all the experimental programs for a few years.I believe they are all overpaid.For the last 25 years i have worked as a waitress,raised 3 kids,buying own home.on my 2nd car loan payments,If i can do this on 2.25 an hr. plus tips,I think the gov't officials could get by on less.
- —Guest guest