From the article: About the US Midterm Congressional Elections
Many voters will be “voting mad” in this November’s midterm election. Health care reform, immigration policy, the Gulf Coast oil disaster, the economy – just a few of the issues expected to send Americans to the polls in record numbers on election day. How about you? Which one issue will most influence your vote this fall and why? What's Driving Your Vote?
- I agree with another response on this topic regarding placing term limits on Senators and Congressmen. 2 year maximum. Maybe then, they would be more motivated to make a difference.
- —Guest Amanda
Incompetency of Incumbents
- I am disgusted with the inability and or willingness of Congress to agree on anything. Positions the party in power supported vigorously become 'evil' the minute the 'other' party comes to power. I'm convinced both parties would rather see the country collapse than the opposing party win!!!
- —Guest George Hall
- I am conservative and am sickened by all the branches of government that continue to drive up our national debt. Look at what Socialism has done to Europe to see America's future.
Voting Mad this Fall
- I am not voting for any incumbants this year or next year or the next year. They got us into this mess and we need someone new to get us out. The President, Congressmen, and Senaotrs need to give back half of their salaries, and stay in Wash8ington and get working, which is what they were elected to do. Also the welfare system need to be completely revamped and welfare parents should not receive income tax refunds for money they have not paid in. Also welfare money should be made to be spent on meats, vegetables, bread, milk and healthy foods, not beer, soda, chips etc.
- —Guest B. A. Fox
- From the day he took office it was obvious that we had made a gross error ! With his unheard bowing to foreign dignitaries, to his 25 year attendance in Rev.Wright's Anti-American "church" God-Damning the U.S., to his closet racist/anti-semitic behavior, to his selection of Socialists, Marxists, and ex-Weather Undergrounders to be his "CZAR" advisors, to his wanton spending of taxpayer funds on excessive Social programs this man is an imnsult to the office of the presidency and the White House ! He is emasculating our Military and bankrupting our country ! HE MUST BE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE WHILE WE STILL CAN ! God Help Our Country !
- —Guest Ronifer
Mad and Sad
- Please watch MSNBC or CNN to get the government news. Because people are not being educated as to what is happening to the US. First, education is being attacked so that the future generation will be too stupid to understand what is happening to them and will agree to anything. Uneducated people will not be able to get good jobs and take care of their families. Teachers will go into other fields because they are not needed in education because there will be no education. Children will not be able to go to better schools because of the changing of districts. GOP party wants children to start working early and not go to school. State jobs and Union jobs will no longer be attainable. Big business wins because people will have to work for far, far less. You know when stupid men are involved because they are making it difficult for women to decide what is good for their bodies taking us back to the early 1900s. The rich are still getting richer and there has been no change with them.
Tea Party Poison
- I am so disgusted at how our government is spinning out of control. Corporations and the rich elite seem to be running this country. Many politicians are turning their backs on the American people in the name of greed. Tea Party Politicians are trying to take away American rights and replace it with their own warped sick idea of what they want so they can get away with their anti American ideals. And these mentally sick politicians want to re write the Constitution and anything else that Americans are entitled to. How sick is that? And who's to blame for getting them in office in the first place? Now that we know their agenda, could we please get rid of them by voting them out?! It's on the web that their next target is to take away Americans freedom to vote, so that these sickos can stay in office and no one can vote them out! Let's arm ourselves with knowledge on what's going on and vote these political low life s out of office once and for all!
- —Guest Anita
- Heck yes I'm mad. The government is out of control. We need to get the ball rolling to put term limits on every one of them; 2 being maximum. As it is, everyone of them seems to spend more time worrying about the next election then they do about doing the right job now.
- —Guest Tom
What's Driving Your Vote
- Gov't in business with big business to hurt every American financially. America is not too be proud of anymore. Government completely out of touche with American Citizens. Elite Rich wants to take over the whole world economy. Has many of us not mad but scared of what is too come. I am close to moving to Canada to get away from USA. So yes I will vote an won't be what Obama wants. I am hoping an a 3rd party to arise an take over the corrupt Government an both parties that are democrats an republicans be ousted
- —Guest JWTX
I Am Mad At Ignorance
- I am mad at ingnorant ill iformed easily duped people who mouth off about how mad they are. I am mad because these cowards who have plenty to mouth off about now were silent when George W. Bush and Dick Cheney ran our economy in the ground by forcing military occupations of two countries (Iraq/Afghanistan). I am mad that there are 45 people trying to buy the mid-term election and that they got plenty of help from the Supreme Court. I am mad because people would rather believe a lie more than the truth. I am mad because this country was on the way down the financial tube and the Party of No (Republicans/Tea Partiers) and their co-harts have the nerve to criticize the President's agenda. I am mad because we have no unbiased news media that report news. I am mad that a know nothing like Sarah Palin and her cousin Christine O'Donnel can run for office. I am mad and I vote not because I am mad but because it is my right to do so and I will continue to vote as long as I am able.
- —Guest Shirley Bryant
GOP lies and disinformation circulated
- I will likely vote a straight Democratic ticket in response to the gross lies and disinformation ploys of GOPs. No self respecting GOP could knowingly support such dishonesty.
- —Guest Veratus
Fed up with the Congress & the President
- What can I add to what these beautiful people have already said. I agree with it all. I truly think Obama is muslim and he intends to take this country down.
- —Guest Lee
I am mad enough NOT to vote!
- I am not willing to be stupid twice. I voted for change and all I got was SOS. I have contacted Franken's office no less than 20 times since February and not only got NO response, but was routinely met by his smug gatekeeping staffers. Ditto Klobuchar's office. They threw me to the wolves, siding with an abusive landlord when I was ill and facing him making me homeless when he wanted me to pay for damage done by the tenant above me. The idiot flooded his bathroom and water was running down and destroying me ceiling. They forced me to absorb costs my landlord did not want to cover or be evicted. I had five county and state employee witnesses who did not do a damn thing to help me. Mandated reporters, paid by MY taxes, who ignored their responsibilities and sat by as they violated my rights all over the place, & even HELPED them do it. Obama was and is a disasppointment. (too little, too late) I voted for CHANGE from this nonsense. I will not be stupid twice. I do hop
- —Guest jinjelle
- I'm mad because everyone blames the President for everything.The Senators won't vote on bills.Congress makes the bills and the President can either sign/veto them.The Supreme Court thinks their the Congress and makes their own laws.
- —Guest paul
Where Are the heroes???
- Can you find a politician that is really there to serve the people? Take reeponsibility for putting this country on its knees? Can they relate to the average Americian or only the rich that get richer? Why don't American companies care about saving their own country by investing in it? Why do our politicians look away as America is sold off while American companies line their pockets? What healthcare and retirement benefits do our politicians have that we do not? Perhaps if they could reach back to when this country was built on honesty and inegrity they would do the job we pay them to do. I am ashamed that we have politicians that are so self-serving,so caught up in the power struggle that they have forgotten the impact on our counrty now. Where are the heroes?
- —Guest Mad as hell
1-15 of 22Next