1. News & Issues
Robert Longley

Where's My Tax Rebate?

By May 3, 2008

UPDATE: On May 15, at least two national news sources reported that the IRS had admitted to tax rebate processing errors resulting in tax rebates being sent to the wrong persons and as many as 350,000 families failing to get the dependant child credit portion of their tax rebates. [More Details...]

The IRS has just created a handy online tool where you can check the status of your 2008 Tax Rebate payment.

First, check the payment schedule, since your payment information will not be available on the tool until the time that your payment is scheduled. Next, make sure you have your:

• Social Security Number
  • Filing status (Single, Married Filing Joint Return, Married Filing Separate Return, Head of Household, or Qualifying Widow
  • Number of Exemptions shown on your 2007 tax return

Now, just go to the IRS' Where's My Stimulus Payment web site, and find out what the IRS knows about your rebate.

Along with the Where's My Stimulus Payment site, the IRS offers the popular Where's My Refund site, where you can check the status of your regular tax refund.

And always remember, if those web pages don't help, you can call the IRS directly at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

More Tax Rebate Resources
Tax Rebate Information Directory
IRS Publishes 2008 Tax Rebate Check Details
IRS Launches Tax Rebate Information Center
Rebate-only Tax Filers May Now File for Free
Will I Have to Pay Taxes On My Rebate?
To Get $300 Rebate, Kids Must Have SS Number
SSI and the Tax Rebate Checks
What if I Filed Before the Tax Rebate was Approved?
Tax Rebate Checks Become Scammer's "Bait"

Comments

May 3, 2008 at 12:38 pm
(1) princess says:

so if we got our texes deriect deposet
you will get your rebate deposet

May 3, 2008 at 9:28 pm
(2) nikeisha love says:

NOT TRUE!

May 4, 2008 at 5:30 pm
(3) Erico Davias says:

As far as I see it many SSI clients will not any rebates or stimulus checks as I have not. I did as instructed but no check no response from the IRS when they were contacted. I applied and sent my claim in on April 1, 2008.

May 4, 2008 at 9:24 pm
(4) elizabeth haris says:

I just moved and i am receiving paper check for the first set of people how do i change my address in time to srtill receive it on time?

May 5, 2008 at 12:21 am
(5) Bobbie says:

my social ends in 00 did direct deposit for 07 taxes and i have not recieved my $

May 5, 2008 at 1:23 am
(6) jay says:

havent seen mine either. website says they have no info!

May 5, 2008 at 6:12 am
(7) Robert says:

4 — Be sure to leave a forwarding address. It’s probably too late to send in the IRS change of address form (which you should do anyway) in order to change delivery of the rebate, but it’s probably worth giving the IRS a call. Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 5, 2008 at 6:13 am
(8) Robert says:

Anyone who should have gotten their rebate, but hasn’t, should certainly call the IRS. Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 5, 2008 at 8:20 am
(9) todd says:

My last 2 numbers are 29.. Called the number and they can’t find it..

May 5, 2008 at 9:10 am
(10) Jon says:

I heard they changed the rebate schedule. Is this true?

May 5, 2008 at 9:23 am
(11) Robert says:

10 — Looks the same to me. They started sending the direct deposit rebates a week early, but the basic schedule appears to be the same.

9 — SS #29 via direct deposit isn’t due until May 9. Of course, the IRS should have told you that.

May 5, 2008 at 9:34 am
(12) Jon says:

Mine will be direct deposit. So is it possible that I could get mine before the ninth?
thanks

May 5, 2008 at 9:37 am
(13) Amber says:

same here and call also still had no info on my taxe refund. No clue!!!!!

May 5, 2008 at 10:43 am
(14) ann says:

filed married joint – should receive this week via direct deposit – no info when checking internet

May 5, 2008 at 10:59 am
(15) Tammy says:

Glad that it’s not just me…per the schedule we should have had our rebate last Friday – last 2 digits 14, yet still don’t have it today. Website is worthless, checked it on Friday and couldn’t find us, checked it today and it says my cookie setting is wrong – I checked it all out – cookie setting is fine. Guess I’ll have to try to call the 800 number.

May 5, 2008 at 11:02 am
(16) ron says:

If you used a preparer you will not get your check direct deposit. It will be a paper check.

May 5, 2008 at 11:50 am
(17) Robert says:

12 — It’s possible, but from reading the problems everybody is having, it doesn’t look likely.

Any and all problems with their Where’s My Rebate site should be reported to the IRS by calling them at 1-800-829-1040. It it isn’t working, they’ll be in a world of hurt.

May 5, 2008 at 11:51 am
(18) Robert says:

How about it? Has the IRS’ Where’s My Rebate web site worked for anybody yet?

May 5, 2008 at 2:03 pm
(19) Joyce says:

Last two digits are 14, still haven’t received anything. Website is worthless, they say they have no info…UGHHHH!!!

May 5, 2008 at 2:26 pm
(20) Steve says:

I’m losing confidence that I’ll actually see it in my account this Friday..last 2 digits 48..

May 5, 2008 at 4:33 pm
(21) tammy says:

didn’t receive an IRS letter about the rebate. does that mean I don’t qualify?

May 5, 2008 at 4:59 pm
(22) KH says:

Just to let some of you know, I didnt believe this Stimulus thing was going to come true. I actually just checked on irs.gov for the 15th time and they have finally told me that my check will be deposited on May 9th and my last of my social are 36. Just to let some of you who were not sure like I was.

May 5, 2008 at 6:04 pm
(23) linda says:

2 of my friends got their rebate checks this passed friday, so they are coming!! I guess you just have to be patient. It says they are SENDING the payments on the 2nd, 9th, 16th, etc….but depending on your financial institution, it could take up to 3 days to show in your account. Hope this helps.

May 5, 2008 at 6:27 pm
(24) usgovinfo says:

Great point, Linda! Especially if a DD is transmitted late on a Friday, it often doesn’t show up in my bank account until Monday morning. Thanks for posting this!

May 5, 2008 at 6:41 pm
(25) Barbara says:

last two number 14 is it true could take a paper check if H&R block did taxes

May 5, 2008 at 8:41 pm
(26) BRUECHER says:

This is extra money – be patient – it will come and bang it will go.

May 6, 2008 at 10:24 am
(27) Rachel says:

I’m still waiting on mine, too, and my last two digits are 20, I received my tax refund via direct deposit, and I filed all back in February. My roommate’s last digits are 56 and she already got her stimulus payment. Every time I check the IRS website I get “Specific information about your Stimulus payment is not available”. Their system is really messed up.

May 6, 2008 at 10:41 am
(28) Diane says:

If someone owes back childsupport and has filed taxes back in Febuary will they be eligible to receive rebate check

May 6, 2008 at 10:46 am
(29) brian says:

Me too Rachael. Married filed jointly, SSN ends in 20, used direct deposit. Never got a letter, website can’t find it, and the “hotline” has no info. But, like stated above, it is “free money”, so I can’t get too upset about it.

May 6, 2008 at 10:47 am
(30) Sheila says:

To Diane-I saw in the news, no if you owe back Child support, you won’t receive the payment, it will go towards what you owe.

May 6, 2008 at 11:02 am
(31) LASHUN says:

I HAVE BEEN ON THE SITE JUST ABOUT EVERYDAY, THE INFORMATION IS DEFINETLY INCORRECT. I DON’T UNDERSTAND! IF PAYMENTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ISSUED SHOULDN’T THEY PAYMENT SCHEDULE BE UPDATED FOR ACCURACY. AND FURTHER MORE IT SEEMS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED THE MONEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO WAIT THE LONGEST THE P.A I WORK FOR IS RECIEVING HER REBATE ON FRIDAY, SHE IS MARRIED, 2 DEPENDENTS AND INCOME EXCEEDS 80K (ALONE) AND PROBABLY DOESN’T EVEN NEED IT!!!! THIS STINKS I DON’T THINK IT IS FOR LOW-MIDDLE CLASS WORKERS. I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT, AND SHE QUALIFIED FOR MORE MONEY THAN ME I AM A SINGLE, HOH 2 DEPENDENTS,WITH ABOUT 24K, YOU DO THE MATH!!!!!

March 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm
(32) sanquanetta says:

Girl u is so so right.I really think they got a problem with the people like us that only making 24k a year.I only make 16k an still have to wait for ever to get anything back!Just had to let u no that i feel you

May 6, 2008 at 11:02 am
(33) Diane says:

Thank’s Shelia…I was inquiring for a friend of mine..also do you know if it’s really true about the checks coming out early because i’m expecting a paper check and my last digits of my social are 07 when do you think i should expect or receive my check.

May 6, 2008 at 12:25 pm
(34) LaShanda says:

My social ends in 12, and I qualify for the rebate but I haven’t recieved it yet. When checking the computer, there’s no info. yet. Can you please tell me what is the hold up.

May 6, 2008 at 1:03 pm
(35) Phil says:

I owe back support but it is already being takenout by DOR. Will they stii attach my rebate check?

May 6, 2008 at 1:21 pm
(36) Robert says:

All — It’s not wrong to be upset that the IRS’ web site does not work for you when it should and that their phone line support is inadequate. However, I would remind everyone that the same problems happened with the rebates in 2001, but they finally got them all out. All we can do is keep trying the web site and calling the hotline.

May 6, 2008 at 1:47 pm
(37) Keith says:

I have heard that if you have fees deducted from your regular tax filings, for example if you used Turbo Tax or something of that nature and the fees where deducted from your return then you will receive a paper check and not a Direct Deposit. Has anyone else heard this?

May 6, 2008 at 3:52 pm
(38) David says:

my social ends in 03 did direct deposit for 07 taxes and i have not recieved my $

May 6, 2008 at 6:54 pm
(39) michelle says:

My last two are 18 have no recieved it ,,filed direct deposit in febuary. Site says it has no info,,,,called they have no info. They have no clue and are full of shit. I need this desperatley as im sure most of us do. UGHHHHHHHH pissing me off!!!

May 6, 2008 at 6:57 pm
(40) green says:

I would like to acknowledge how crazy people become over money. Everyone should know by know that it is the gov. we are depending on. NEED I SAY MORE. Those who haven’t gotten it shouldn’t be surprised and for those who don’t think the middle-class deserves it well to each is to their own. I think the checks will come in time and I am not relying on them like others. I think you should live as though they weren’t coming at all. Then you will be happier than if you were to expect them. Money is supposed to make people Right! Ya Right!

May 7, 2008 at 9:29 am
(41) gary says:

Filed my taxes through Turbo Tax in Feb. my refund was direct deposited. Will I get a direct deposit, or Paper check? TY

May 7, 2008 at 9:41 am
(42) Amanda says:

well they are coming in, my boyfriend just got his $600. so they are coming, but slowly.

May 7, 2008 at 10:44 am
(43) Jennifer says:

If you had you taxes direct deposit but used H & R Block, will the rebate check be direct deposit also? I am confused. My SSN ends in 10 and I have not heard a thing. I called the 800 number and it said that I “MAY” be eligable and “IF” it couldn’t tell me if I was getting it or not. How much it will be. Or when it will come. I am a single mother of 2 kids, in the middle of getting a house and I do not have a high income. I could use the help.

May 7, 2008 at 10:48 am
(44) Robert says:

41 – Under one of the other articles, somebody who did the H&R Block thing called H&R Block and they helped her out.

May 7, 2008 at 11:13 am
(45) Rose says:

I dont think it right people on ssi dont get it ,I thought everyone get it, we get check onece enough pay bills have no money rest of the month it be a blessing to buy clothes and other thing we need.even one time.

May 7, 2008 at 12:30 pm
(46) KH says:

35- I have heard that if you filed through Turbo Tax or any of the other tax preparers and you had to pay out anything or had money deducted that you will be getting a paper check even if you opted for direct deposit.

May 7, 2008 at 12:32 pm
(47) KH says:

Sorry 35, I meant 36 Keith

May 7, 2008 at 2:20 pm
(48) yvonne says:

I did my 07 taxes direct deposit my social ends in 20 but I used turbo tax and I still have not got anything. I thought I would of got it already. Also I did the direct deposit in my moms aacount does this affect the direct deposit? The last names are the same.Do you think that I will get a paper check since I filled with Turbo tax?

May 7, 2008 at 3:47 pm
(49) NANSHELL says:

Have anyone received a paper in the mail yet….my social ends in 07…and i’m suppose to get mine by mail…buy i havent yet seen anything…Just Curios..

May 7, 2008 at 8:22 pm
(50) p-nut says:

Everyone just be patient,checks are coming,keep in mind there are alot of people in the world, who are waiting just like us, im pretty sure that the irs would like to answer all your tax questions, but they are overwelmed. just keep your trust and faith in god, if its meant for you than you will recieve.

May 7, 2008 at 8:52 pm
(51) teacher says:

Just read online that Turbotax sets up temporary accounts that the feds transfer your $ into. The feds never actually had your acct. info., so you’ll be getting a paper check

May 8, 2008 at 1:15 am
(52) Rose says:

I just checked the site and it does say that if you got your Tax Refund back throught an RAL (Refund anticipation Loan) like from Turbo TAX or H&R Block, you will be receiving a PAPER CHECK. Hope this helped.

May 8, 2008 at 12:25 pm
(53) Kim says:

We just received ours and we had paid a CPA to file our return. I think as long as you provided accurate bank account information you will receive your DD. Also, I think some people posting here are forgetting that mailed checks are on a different schedule than the DD’s.

May 8, 2008 at 10:26 pm
(54) Steph says:

I just wanted to let you all know that after about 2 weeks of checking EVERY day to see the status of my rebate, the irs website finally found it and was able to tell me that I will receive it on 5/15 paper check. My last two numbers are 14. So your info may be up now!!

May 9, 2008 at 8:02 am
(55) Crystal says:

I dont think the “wheres my rebate” works. Eveeryone at my job has tried it and it says “sorry no info”…. DONT WASTE UR TIME CHECKING IT! My other friend SSN ends in 54, but website says no $ till the 16th, which is NOT the payment schedule per the IRS…

May 9, 2008 at 8:12 am
(56) Robert says:

53 — It only works if the IRS has processed your 2007 tax return and authorized your rebate for delivery. They stated yesterday that persons who filed on or near the April 15 deadline will NOT get their rebates according to the published schedule. Persons who filed AFTER April 15 may not see their rebate until the end of the year.

Several other people have reported here that the IRS site worked for them.

May 9, 2008 at 9:44 am
(57) Rachel says:

My SSN# ends in 11 and i din’t get my rebate yet.it was supposed to be here on May 2nd.

May 9, 2008 at 10:06 am
(58) Keith says:

Just when I thought that Turbo Tax was the best thing ever, they go and give out a stimulus check. I’ll be waiting. Thanks for everyone’s help.

May 9, 2008 at 10:56 am
(59) Robert says:

56 — I hear that! But, without Turbo Tax, I’d never be able to file my taxes again!

May 9, 2008 at 12:46 pm
(60) Robert A. says:

what everybody to make you guys feel better Mine ends in 55 and was suppose to be direct deposit today but nothing came. I called the 1-800 number and still nothing. So I guess we just have to wait and see

May 9, 2008 at 12:50 pm
(61) Kenneth G says:

My last 2 dig of my SS is 03, should have gotten my May 2, but here it is May 9th, and NOTHING.

May 9, 2008 at 12:54 pm
(62) Robert says:

All:

The IRS on Wednesday issued a clarification stating that its tax rebate delivery schedule applied only to people who filed a 2007 tax return “early enough” to have their returns processed April 15.

So, the closer to April 15 you filled, the less chance there is of getting your rebate according to the IRS schedule.

Same stuff happened in 2001, but everyone eventually got the money.

May 9, 2008 at 2:02 pm
(63) Leigh says:

May 9, 2008 at 2:54 pm
(64) sandra says:

I just got a letter from IRS that stated I owe $1100 from 2006 taxes that were not done correctly by H & R block. Does that mean they are keeping my stimulus check even though they stated I can make payments? Please help, I can’t get answers from IRS or talk to a person.

May 9, 2008 at 3:02 pm
(65) Valerie says:

I filed my taxes in a timely fashion, and received my refund via direct deposit. I was supposed to get my tax rebate today, but its not there! I tried calling the IRS numerous times, and checked the “Where’s my rebate” website, but both were completely useless…

May 9, 2008 at 4:01 pm
(66) Robert says:

63 and All — A couple of tips on calling the IRS:

1. Keep trying. They are getting over 50,000 calls a day on the rebates alone.

2. Try talking to more than one of them. They have people from all over the IRS aswering the phones right now. You may not get a rebate expert on every call.

May 9, 2008 at 4:05 pm
(67) Robert says:

62 — If you owe the IRS more than the amount of your rebate, you will not get a rebate. However, the amount of your rebate should be deducted from your debt to the IRS. At this point you should probably be talking to H&R Block, and not in a happy voice.

May 9, 2008 at 4:52 pm
(68) Lisa says:

I should have had my rebate in my account today. I tried calling the 800 number but didn’t get a person, only a recording. The recording told me the same thing the website did, sorry no info. How do I get a human to talk to????

May 10, 2008 at 11:15 am
(69) Ann M. says:

If my tax refund came direct deposit but i do not have dir. dep. through work should I have gotten my rebate dir. deposit?

May 10, 2008 at 12:10 pm
(70) Elaine says:

“Well, I filed in February, got my tax refund a week later–early in 3rd week of Feb. I still haven’t received my tax rebate. I would think filing in February is considered to be pretty early by anyone’s standards.”

Me too. Does that mean I am not eligible?

May 11, 2008 at 12:21 am
(71) RHYS says:

If you used turbotax and efiled and therefore had your refund deposited into your account you will get your rebate by check as you had fees deducted from your refund amount. Check out turbotax.com for more info.

May 11, 2008 at 2:07 am
(72) jean says:

I just checked the status of my rebate and I am single, no dependents. I am ONLY getting back $300, not $600 and I filed with direct deposit and a LIVE CHECK is going to be issued instead. Please advise, I don’t understand this????

May 11, 2008 at 7:39 am
(73) Robert says:

70 – You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

May 11, 2008 at 12:45 pm
(74) L CASE says:

a friend of mine rec’d a rebate of $300. instead of $600 saying it was reduced because her taxable income was less than $600. does this mean that Senior Citizens whose taxable inome is less than $600 will not get the $300 rebates? my our onley income was from a small pension and Social Security benefits and after standard deductions and personal exemptions, the taxable inome was 0. does this mean we do not get a rebate?

May 11, 2008 at 6:20 pm
(75) Robert says:

All: Any issues with how much rebate money you got must be directed to the IRS. Heck, if it were up to me, the “stimulus” program would have been a 5-year income tax holiday.

May 12, 2008 at 8:59 am
(76) arturo ponce says:

yes my number ends with 89 im going to get my rebate on friday i would really like to know on what number there are on right now as i speak.

May 12, 2008 at 10:28 am
(77) Cathie says:

My husband and I filed seprate returns.Does anyone know if we will get seprate checks or will my rebate be with his.

May 12, 2008 at 11:30 am
(78) Robert says:

75 – If you both qualified for rebates, you’ll get seperate checks.

May 12, 2008 at 1:59 pm
(79) Cathie says:

he got a refund but owed the IRS. So I am assuming that mine will come paper since he already got his DD

May 12, 2008 at 2:01 pm
(80) Cathie says:

I mean that I owed on my taxes this year and I paid it..So I owe nothing to the IRS,I am assuming mine will come paper

May 12, 2008 at 3:09 pm
(81) STEPHANIE says:

I should have gotten mine on may 9th and nothing yet! I dont understand why it has not shown up in my account.I used H&R Block should I contact them?

May 12, 2008 at 3:11 pm
(82) Robert says:

79 – Yep. Other Block customers have reported that using Block changes the rebate game.

May 13, 2008 at 10:26 am
(83) Christy says:

I’m glad I read some of these comments because I used H&R Block for the first time this year and I haven’t received my rebate yet either…I was scheculed for the 9th Direct Deposit and nothing…of course the place I filed is closed on Tuesdays!!!

May 13, 2008 at 12:51 pm
(84) Kent says:

My last two socials are 35. I was supposed to get my rebate wired direct deposit on Friday May 9th like the schedule says. I got my state and federal tax return wired online to my bank account. For whatever reason the rebate is taking extra long. I know you cant be mad about free money, but this is just another example the government cant do anything right. Which is exactly why we are getting these rebates in the first place. Ah the irony in it.

May 13, 2008 at 7:15 pm
(85) Jane Johnson says:

Will this tax rebate check be subject
to witholding (tax offset) for people that are in arrears in their child support? This would be a good way for
children of people who don’t pay child support to get some of their money.

May 13, 2008 at 10:21 pm
(86) james says:

what if you oqe taxes? will you still get it. my daughter fined hers late and owes taxes. I dont know what that means for her?

May 13, 2008 at 11:21 pm
(87) bill williams says:

IM just amazed that our rebate checks arent given to some other country. this years ss cola is only goin to be 2.8% because theres no money.

May 14, 2008 at 6:05 am
(88) banville says:

My last 2 numbers are 47 and I have direct deposit and I havent recieved my check either. I also checked on line and they have no record so Iam going to stop getting my hopes up. Hopefully it will come.

May 14, 2008 at 9:13 am
(89) Tina says:

I still have not recieved my payment either. I have friends whose social is after mine that have gotten theirs though. And all I get is no info avail…. I think the IRS should update their website to report more accurate info because wether I get a deposit or a paper check either way I should have gotten it already.

May 14, 2008 at 10:14 am
(90) Amanda says:

Noone I know has gotten theirs. Mine ends in 92, my husbands ends in 36 we filed jointly. Says it’s due no later than Friday if we go by my last two. Losing faith in our government at every passing moment….typical.

May 14, 2008 at 10:28 am
(91) Nancy says:

Well, according to my SS #, I wouldn’t be receiving my check until July 11. So the MAY rebate is really JULY for alot of us.

Why not just mail them out all at once?

May 14, 2008 at 11:41 am
(92) Kelly says:

Robert – You have posted alot on here and I am thinking you are with the IRS. I have a question regarding Turbo tax. We had to pay their fee upfront using our credit/debit card before we did our taxes. Nothing was deducted from our taxes. May 9th has come and gone…..you know the story. Still waiting for the check. Any advice on those of us who used Turbo tax but paid them directly for using them. We filed in February got our refund in a about a week (on time). Thanks for any answers

May 14, 2008 at 12:54 pm
(93) Robert says:

90 — Nope. Other than paying taxes, I have nothing at all to do with the IRS or any other agency of the federal government. Several other folks who used Turbo Tax have pointed out that Turbo Tax has all the rebate anwers on their web site. Looks like TT users will be getting a paper check rebate, even of their refund came DD.

May 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm
(94) bill williams says:

now the irs is sending stimulis payment letters to the wrong ppl with all their info. Their asking the ones who got them to send them back. (in god we trust but not the irs)

May 15, 2008 at 12:50 am
(95) dana says:

My husband and I recieved our check but it did not include the 300 per child for our two little ones. They have ss#’s on file. I am just wondering if the other 600 will be sent separatly and if so, what is that schedule? Does anyone have this information. We have asked around and it seems many families we know also have not recieved the 300 per child.

May 15, 2008 at 11:59 am
(96) Arthur says:

I know idea how there doing it because i have lots of friends who have gotten paper check and went with turbo tax and has gotten money direct deposit. Most of them have ss# over 50. My last ss# is 22 and also went through ttax and haven’t got anything yet.

May 15, 2008 at 12:29 pm
(97) jac says:

according to schedule my last 2 numbers are 72 and was due may 9,2008 thru direct deposit nothing has been deposit yet and it is may15 already

May 15, 2008 at 1:05 pm
(98) corry says:

i stiil dont have it in my account may 9 it was not in there. what do i do if its not in there and it sopoes to be that what yall sead the date for it to be in my account

May 15, 2008 at 1:30 pm
(99) cathie says:

Our check should had been deposited on the 9th of May, still has not been, when I check the web site, it says they have no information. I know several that have received theres, so where is mine cathie

May 15, 2008 at 3:34 pm
(100) corry says:

i had to pay $25 to get a rebate and there is nothing in my bank for to be deposet in there my last two #72 so where is it

May 15, 2008 at 3:39 pm
(101) Adam says:

“If FILING AND/OR PREPARATION FEES were deducted from your refund or you received a rapid refund from your preparer. You will be receiving a check instead of a direct deposit.”
IRS WEBSITE

May 15, 2008 at 3:50 pm
(102) Jo Jo says:

Bold? No more bold?

May 15, 2008 at 5:08 pm
(103) NANSHELL says:

Have anyone received a paper check in the mail..my last 2 of my ss is 07..should i have gotten it already or is it like the schedule say May 16th…it will be put in the mail

May 16, 2008 at 3:54 pm
(104) bill williams says:

really bugs me that the irs wont even update their web site and let us know what the problems are. same old loes they put up to start with.

May 16, 2008 at 4:00 pm
(105) Robert says:

102 — Yep. I can’t believe they haven’t posted information on how to send the incorrectly addressed money back to them, including who’s supposed to pay the postage for it. A mess for sure.

May 16, 2008 at 7:16 pm
(106) Larry Hassell says:

I filed my taxes with Tax Act in March which was free. I owed the IRS money which was withdrawn from my bank account electronically on April 1st, will mine be sent Direct Deposit or will I be getting a paper check?

May 17, 2008 at 10:49 am
(107) Rick says:

Filed my taxes 1 Apr, 2008 using turbotax. Owed 183 bucks and paid directly from my bank account. Was supposed to receive rebate by direct deposit on May 9 (SS#74). Got nothing except this message “We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus Payment is not available” No number to call has a breathing person or anything with intelligence. Anyone out there have a number that works??

May 17, 2008 at 11:05 am
(108) Robert says:

105 — If you haven’t already, try these:

1-866-234-2942
1-800-829-1954

Clearly, an agency trained to TAKE, has a very hard time when it is required to GIVE.

May 18, 2008 at 8:22 pm
(109) Sarah says:

Got a letter from the IRS saying it would be deposited on the 16th, no deposit yet…

May 19, 2008 at 9:45 am
(110) Rick says:

Have not found any way to get a breathing answerer on any phone line. Have tried 1-800-829-1040, 1-800-829-1954 and 1-866-234-2942. Does anyone have any number that works?? Still trying to locate any information about this rebate..

May 19, 2008 at 9:25 pm
(111) Steph says:

I just wanted to tell yall that there is hope!! They are on the way!! I have waited 4 weeks for mine. I thought I was getting DD but since I did Turbo Tax I had to get the paper check! And guess what came in the mail today…….!!! My SS is 14!! So dont give up hope. They will arrive!!

May 19, 2008 at 11:35 pm
(112) bill williams says:

well, if you want to hold long enough, some one will talk to you (some arab) but he wont have any information to give about your check anyway. been there,done that. (still waiting in n.c,)

May 20, 2008 at 8:39 am
(113) Haf says:

My SSN is 99, DD, scheduled 16th. I haven’t seen anything. Checked IRS website , always “We are sorry”, called the IRS#, always “too busy”. What to do?

May 20, 2008 at 1:12 pm
(114) JENNIFER says:

I should have had my check in on the 9th acording to the schedual. I was wondering what happened to it when everyone else I know said that they got theirs. So I keep checking and the web site tells me that they have no infomation and the phone number that they give, will not give me anymore information then the either. I am starting to get upset that I am not getting any where and No answers as well. Am I alone or does everyone else feel the same. Starting to wonder if they will ever correct the problem and send our checks to us. Or will the people that received the wrong checks even own up to it or just try to keep them. I don’t trust any one that is nothing personal just been very uneasy with this situation.

May 20, 2008 at 5:01 pm
(115) skd says:

SSN ends with 03, did DD and still nothing, as oi 5/20.

May 21, 2008 at 11:56 am
(116) kita says:

Suppose to have check May 9 still waiting!!!!

May 21, 2008 at 12:31 pm
(117) ME says:

Where is my taxes i’ve been waiting for the longest and quite frankly i’m getting tired of it!!!!!

May 21, 2008 at 1:24 pm
(118) Eddie says:

I owed 935.00 in taxes and made a partial payment of 300.00 when I filed. My family is eligible for 1500.00. Am I correct that we should receive our tax rebate minus the 635.00 we owe? I expected to have received it by now since my SS number ends in 07.

May 21, 2008 at 3:35 pm
(119) HJ says:

I didnt realize EVERYONE was getting these checks. Why is everyone freaking out because “their money” isn’t here yet? You shouldnt be depending on this money….dont look at is at free money because you WILL have to claim it on next years taxes. Just be patient, we are dealing w/ the government…it will get to you when it does! Dont freak out if it doesnt show up the day it is “supposed” to. I was “supposed” to get mine a week ago, nothing, I haven’t called IRS or done anything..because I was never promised this money. So if I get this money, Im happy, if not, im not out anything.

May 21, 2008 at 4:01 pm
(120) Eddie says:

HJ who told you that you have to pay taxes on the rebate? There is a link on this site that says the rebate is not taxed. You shouldn’t make statements if you do not know what you are talking about. And was it really necessary for you to chastise people here? What’s the purpose?

May 21, 2008 at 5:06 pm
(121) Robert says:

The rebates will never have to be claimed on your federal income tax. The IRS has been emphatic about that.

Some states, however, are treating the rebates as income for state tax purposes.

May 21, 2008 at 5:09 pm
(122) Robert says:

Yep, everybody needs to calm down about the rebates. There is only ONE correct answer to all the questions that are being asked… call the IRS. If they don’t answer the first time, keep trying. And, if the first person you get at the IRS can’t answer your question, call back. The next IRS rep you get might be able to answer you.

May 21, 2008 at 9:06 pm
(123) Cynthia says:

The IRS is helping different people still the tax payer return checks, and then lying about it. I am writing a complaint to Comgress.

May 21, 2008 at 9:22 pm
(124) Cynthia says:

Congress, stated that each adult is suppose to receive $600 dollars, not $300 dollars, but the children are suppose to receive $300 dollars each. I watched the results on C-Span(live). So where is the other $300 dollars?

May 22, 2008 at 5:25 pm
(125) Mark says:

My last 2 digits are 40 and I had mine direct deposited, the guy who sits next to me at work is a 58 and he has had his for 3 weeks now!. This just shows how organized our government really is! I wouldn’t be surprised if illegals were recieving checks at this point!

May 23, 2008 at 9:14 am
(126) Gio says:

I was to get mine on May 9th and never got it and i done a direct deposit.I have been checking online but all it says i will get it 2 weeks after the due date that i was to get mine.IRS SUCKS.

May 23, 2008 at 2:08 pm
(127) Mike says:

I used hrblock online to file my tax return this year. My stepson did the same thing. Both of us had our refunds direct deposited. He got his money already a couple of weeks ago. My last two are 81, and according to the website, I should have gotten it last week. No money yet, and no way to find out anything.

May 23, 2008 at 2:11 pm
(128) Mike says:

I used hrblock online to file my return. My stepson did the same thing. Both of us had our refunds direct deposited. He got his stimulus payment already dd. I still havent received mine, even though the schedule says I should have received it last week. The website says it has no info, and the phone numbers are basically useless. I want to know when I am going to get it, and I don’t want to hear “you had prep fees taken out so you get a paper check.” As I said, my stepson did the same thing and he has his already.

May 24, 2008 at 9:50 pm
(129) John says:

My SSN ends in 03 and I have yet to get my stimulus check… According to the website, I can expect it sometime between May 30th and June 27th… I should have been one of the first to get it. Typical!

May 25, 2008 at 2:21 pm
(130) Norm says:

I love the IRS and the government. They treat us very well. I will get my rebate hopefully in 10 yrs. I love our system.

May 25, 2008 at 2:23 pm
(131) Murphy says:

I love the IRS. I will get my rebate within 10 yrs !!! The system rocks !

May 25, 2008 at 7:17 pm
(132) Robert says:

Murph and Norm — Are you guys mad enough about the tax rebate to suggest they just never do it again? I’ll bet that would be fine with the IRS.

May 27, 2008 at 2:06 am
(133) Jessica says:

A LITTLE INFO FOR ALL WHO ARE MAD…..

I was frustrated at first because my ssn ends in 33, and should have gotten mine. According to this site if you had your taxes direct deposited the rebate will be deposited. However this is not true. Most people will be getting checks in the mail. I’ve looked up many other sites, and some will inform you that if you had to pay any type of fee to get your taxes deposited that you will not be getting the rebate check deposited, you’ll be getting it in the mail. So I would just go by the mailing schedule. Turbo tax is considered paying a fee.

I went through a lot of the comments that left the last two of the social and checked the day they posted comments, and it was still before the mailing schedule. So breath. This is extra money, the schedule may be messed up and unorganized, but like the comment before me says, would you rather get the money late or not get it at all? Just some food for thought. If you don’t get it by the mailing schedule then maybe call…but other than that just breathe.

~~jessica lynn

May 27, 2008 at 8:37 am
(134) Lashay says:

My social ends with 42 and i should of received mine May 9th and did not receive it yet I wounder if we are going to have to pay this back during tax time hummmmmmm!

This tax rebate is unorganized and and just as we received our tax refund that’s how shaould of receive our rebate checks

May 27, 2008 at 1:50 pm
(135) Rhonda says:

The tax rebate payments are screwed up just like everything the federal government does. The taxpayers who had to pay in money should have been the FIRST to receive their rebate checks, and the taxpayers who received refunds should have been last since they already received a refund!!!!!

May 27, 2008 at 2:51 pm
(136) bill williams says:

well, like a lot of folks, maybe its not just the money but having been hyped up about this program, the sloppy and misorganization of it, and the failure of the irs to even explain the problems goin on is frustrating especially since they are the ones always demanding answers.

May 27, 2008 at 3:25 pm
(137) mary ann says:

my ss# ends with 00 I still haven’t got mine rebate . But when the IRS wants their money you better pay them or else .To bad the government isn’t as organizationed as they expect us to be.

May 27, 2008 at 3:47 pm
(138) allen thomas says:

Should have had mine May 9th but now it is the 27th.Neither the web site nor the IRS phone line has any information about it.

May 27, 2008 at 4:26 pm
(139) desiree says:

WHAT we are suppose to get 600 dollars per adult then what are they doing with the other half i smell something very foul!!!!! I say unass all my money!!!!!

May 27, 2008 at 4:39 pm
(140) lenice says:

my ss# ends with 49 still have not received it yet! well i say… ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!!!!

May 28, 2008 at 10:02 pm
(141) karen white says:

SS# ends 81 they said checks would be mailed out May 19th for ddp and it is May 27th. Don’t really know anyone who has recevied a check is this real

May 29, 2008 at 7:19 pm
(142) Gilda Freeman says:

My rebate check was suppose to come on the 23rd of May due to the last two digets of my ss$. But it is now May 29th and I have not received anything. I was told that a letter is sent out before you get the check but I have not gotten anything. The last two numbers of my social are 11.

May 29, 2008 at 8:55 pm
(143) sara says:

If you owe IRS, will you still recieve direct deposit or a check for the differance?

May 30, 2008 at 12:33 am
(144) kathy says:

There are two things that I just don’t understand about this “stimulus” check. First of all, my just turned 19 yr old, who was claimed as a dependent on my husband’s and my return, gets nothing. Nor do we for her. But the biggest surprise is that after receiving a letter from the irs that we would be getting a $1500 check, today we get another one stating that the money was applied to back taxes. I don’t see how appling the money to back taxes is doing anything to stimulate the economy. Having been told we were getting the money, I made vacation reservations. Today after receiving the “you’re not getting squat” letter, I cancelled them. I guess I should also say that we are on a payment plan with the irs and are current.

May 30, 2008 at 6:42 am
(145) Robert says:

Sara — See Kathy’s (142) comment. If you owe more than the amount of your rebate… no rebate. You get the “you’re not getting squat” letter. If you owe less than the rebate, yes, you get the difference.

May 30, 2008 at 6:58 am
(146) Robert says:

Kathy (142): The theory here is that applying your rebate to your back taxes, which you would have to pay anyway, is the same thing as putting money in your pocket. Just that in this case, the IRS – not you – gets to decide how you spend it. They did the same thing in the 2001 rebates.

As to 19-year-old dependents not qualifying for the $300, if Congress had paid for all dependents 17 and older, the cost of the rebate program would have resulted in much lower base payments for each qualifying family or individual. In fact, the rebate program might not have been possible at all.

May 30, 2008 at 12:51 pm
(147) Ann says:

I recently moved ( did a change of address card) and would like to know if the stimulus check will be forward to my new address or will it be sent back to the IRS. can someone help!

May 30, 2008 at 1:33 pm
(148) Robert says:

Ann: Unless you filed a change of address form specifically with the IRS, your rebate check will probably be returned to the IRS.

May 30, 2008 at 1:59 pm
(149) carmen rivera says:

the amount of $300.00 was depossit on my bank account 1st week of may. the information I got said was for the amount of $600.00. I made about $15k last year. I’m single no dependent. can you tell me if I will be getting the bal due of $300.00 and when can I expected. Thanks

May 30, 2008 at 2:47 pm
(150) Jim Eanes says:

I was supposed to receive a paper check mailed out on May 16. My last two digits are 06, but I have not received it as of May 30. Are they delayed?

May 30, 2008 at 3:17 pm
(151) Tyler says:

Wow everyone is really freakin out
Relax its free money you normally dont get
I pay taxes just like everyone else if a couple hundred bucks makes everyone crazy …….lord help us…………

May 30, 2008 at 4:27 pm
(152) ann says:

#146 Robert, is it to late to do a change of address with the IRS, am do to get a check not until July 4th..and thanks so much for your help

May 30, 2008 at 4:48 pm
(153) Robert says:

Ann: I’d go ahead and do the IRS’ change of address form. You might also want to try giving them a call at the regular IRS number: 1-800-829-1040. Try calling early in morning (7:00 your local time) before the phones get jammed.

May 30, 2008 at 11:43 pm
(154) Ann says:

Thanks #151 Robert , I called and got a live person(woo) and he stated my check would come to my new address, he changed it in the system. Thanks for your help Robert and big thanks to the IRS for this web site.

May 31, 2008 at 10:17 am
(155) Mike says:

It’s like the saying goes,if the irs owes you money they take thier sweet time but if you owe the irs money they want it now. That is the government for you.

May 31, 2008 at 11:42 am
(156) missy says:

Its not free money you have to claim it next year on your taxes form and pay taxes. The gov’t is looking at it like an advance on next years tax returns. Its not free money

May 31, 2008 at 11:47 am
(157) melinda says:

The amount of your return is based on qualifying factors. 600$ max. If you only made 15,000 last year then you only qualify for a return of 300$ not 600$. Not everyone will be receiving the max amount. It depends on how much you made last year and how much you paid in taxes. And to everyones comment it isn’t free money, you will have to claim it next year on your 2008 tax returns. It is like a cash advance on your tax refund for 2008. So don’t look at it like free money and spend it, because the gov’t is going to look at it like income and tax you on it.

March 11, 2011 at 9:45 pm
(158) sanqaunetta says:

that so not true.I made 15k and got 6k back.Just had to let u know sweetie

May 31, 2008 at 6:08 pm
(159) mary b says:

i haven’t got my rebate check yet… should have been direct deposited.. see that there are numerous ones misdirected to the wrong acct. numbers… how does one check this out.. went to site .. all it says is no info… very frustrated!

May 31, 2008 at 6:56 pm
(160) Robert says:

Missy: You will not need to report the rebate as income on your 2008 federal tax return.

The IRS:

Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return.

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

June 1, 2008 at 9:30 am
(161) melissa says:

Thanx a lot Bush….you chose to use hubby’s SS #, instead of mine being that his had higher number…FIGURES. IF MINE HAD BEEN USED, we would have recv’d check in first batch that went out.

That’s the government for ya!

June 1, 2008 at 10:52 am
(162) Robert says:

Melissa: On joint returns, they used the first SS number listed on the tax return, not necessarily the “husbands.” How else were they supposed to choose?

June 1, 2008 at 9:30 pm
(163) cindy says:

i am a low-income mom of 2 did my taxes w/H&R D.D. on their card in Jan. i have to wait for a paper check now i am about to loose my kid’s home because working 40 plus hrs a week isn’t enough to pay all the bills and don’t quilafly for welfare to help. i don’t like the way the gov’ does things but i have faith that GOD that he will provide what my family needs in time. so i am saying if you do have a good income then please think about those who don’t and really needs this extra money just to help make ends meet. and stop thinking of yourself and start thinking of others. i don’t have any money at the end of payday but i still think of others because i know there are people/ families with even less then i have and we are not complaining and if the poor can wait then you should be able to as well.

June 2, 2008 at 5:07 pm
(164) Celeste says:

My brother made 900 dollars and claimed my mother. How much rebate should he get back?

My fiance also filed taxes but he couldnt claim his little girl. Is he just gonna get back 300 Dollars?

My father also filed taxes and he claimed me how much is he gonna get back?

June 2, 2008 at 5:26 pm
(165) Robert says:

All: Comments only, please. For all rebate-related questions, you must call the IRS. You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time. I suggest you call at 7:00 a.m.

June 3, 2008 at 9:09 am
(166) erin says:

if my check was supposed to be mailed by may 23rd and i have yet to receive it, should i be concerned?

June 3, 2008 at 9:26 am
(167) Robert says:

Erin: You clearly ARE concerned, so call the IRS and find out. You can call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time. I suggest you call at 7:00 a.m.

June 3, 2008 at 11:53 am
(168) Michele says:

I recieved a letter informing about when I would get my stimulus check and also the amount. But it states that I can’t claim my daughter because she is 19. Does anyone know wht athe guidlines are for a dependent that is in college? My daugghter is 19 but she is a college student and I paid 485 a month for her out of state fees and I had to send her spending money while away. So would that qualify her to still be a dependent or not?

June 3, 2008 at 12:51 pm
(169) Robert says:

165: The age limit for dependents is (was) 17.

June 3, 2008 at 2:15 pm
(170) Myra Helmer says:

Checking the ‘where’s my stimulus payment’ site, turns up it is not secure and my server won’t open it. You are correct, the webpage is not very useful and one has to use the phone line and lots of patience.

June 3, 2008 at 5:48 pm
(171) JoeTaxPayer says:

A tax rebate will not fix the American economy, great gesture to excite the American people, we all appreciate the kindness and will spend it wildly, send this to public schools, scholarships, parenting classes and to the borders, to make it easier for all to come in, because we are a land the free, home of the brave, no matter where u came from, get along and stop prolonging the obvious truth that we played big dog and went off the porch! not any stimulus will bring that puppy back home!

June 3, 2008 at 11:21 pm
(172) Erica says:

is there a web site where i put my SS # and it tells me when I get my check

June 5, 2008 at 6:20 pm
(173) bob says:

i understand my lot on the SSN numbers (mine is 78) will be july 4th and the rebate check will be mailed. i reported on 2007 tax file $18,500.00 last year and going to receave like $325 or the $600?

June 6, 2008 at 9:06 am
(174) Bubz says:

how do u figure out if ur gettin $300 or $600?!?

June 6, 2008 at 2:12 pm
(175) JJ says:

So what is or was the ceiling of your adjusted gross income to receive a checck?
Married filed joint

June 6, 2008 at 5:00 pm
(176) rebecca says:

everyone need to be patient because we will all get them. Robert i like your answers but many people are wrong unless you did your taxes yourself and had them direct deposit into your account then you will get your check DD, but if you use a service where you paid someone to prepare your taxes you will receive a paper check. So be patient and have faith that we will all be happy when we get them i still waiting too. because my brother did not even file a tax and receive a check you go figure.

June 7, 2008 at 4:37 pm
(177) Parker says:

Wow… You’re all a bunch of ungrateful idiots.

Reading these posts make it clear why a rebate program was needed in the the first place. Your spending habits are unbelievable. Ridiculous.

It seems that to help this lot, next time they should distribute the rebates based on IQ…

Thanks for the laughs.

June 7, 2008 at 6:33 pm
(178) goobs says:

CAN’T YOU SPELL PRINCESS… PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULDN’T GET A CHECK

June 7, 2008 at 6:35 pm
(179) GOOBS says:

I agree 110% Parker!

June 8, 2008 at 11:06 pm
(180) Michelle says:

WTG parker!!! I have read like 12 of these and couldnt stop laughing!!! Well atleast I have had a good laugh before bed time!

June 9, 2008 at 12:41 pm
(181) Stacey says:

I was wondering if anyone had any info on the rebate they “mistakenly” didn’t pay. We’re still missing $600 and I’m not sure when we’re supposed to get that. Any info would be appreciated!!!

June 9, 2008 at 3:03 pm
(182) David Maples says:

The last two numbers of my SSN is 78. I was supposed to have my stimulus check direct deposited into my bank account on May 30. Today is June 9, and no check in my account. Where is my stimulus check?

June 10, 2008 at 6:24 pm
(183) ASHLEY ISOM says:

HELLO YEAH HI I CHECK THE SCHEDULE OF REBATES AND IT SAIDS THAT IN JUNE MY CHECK SUPOSE TO BE SENT OUT ON THE 6 OF JUNE HERE IT IS THE 10 OF JUNE AND I HAVEN’T RECIEVED A CHECK FROM YOU GUYS AT I WOORRIED A LITTLE

June 12, 2008 at 6:28 pm
(184) Juanita Lopez says:

I just recieve $300.00 I have no kids
I am single.

June 14, 2008 at 8:59 am
(185) Don says:

I was to receive my rebate check in the first batch and have not heard a word about it; should I be concerned?

June 14, 2008 at 10:40 am
(186) Snob says:

its no wundar hour govmint aint gitting paymints owt rite with the state ov edjukashun inn hour cuntrie. Haz the entyr systum faled?

June 14, 2008 at 6:11 pm
(187) Jen says:

I was supposed to receive a check for 2,100 but it states that it will be only for 1,500. I married married filing jointly with 3 dependents. I do not know where the other 600.00 went I have no clue how they configure our stimulus payments anyways. I know that they can take out for student loans and back taxes but I gues my hubby and I did not qualify for the full 1,200 only 600. I just hope it gets here quick…lol!!! Take care all!

June 14, 2008 at 9:13 pm
(188) Sarah says:

I got a letter on June 9th from the IRS stating I would have my check BY June 13th.

It’s June 14th, and it never came.

I realize that this is free money, but I am in dire need of it thanks to the gas situation. Groceries are higher as well. So yeah I’m going to complain a little! I could use this money!

June 19, 2008 at 8:44 am
(189) Ryan says:

I think its completely unfair that they are issuing the payments in numerical order based on your last two digits of your social. Mine are 94 and while I am not dying without the money, why should I be put at the end of the line because of two digits that I had no control over. The payments should have been sent out in order of who filed their taxes first, as a reward to those who don’t procrastinate with doing them. Also, I have heard that people aren’t getting their full returns. These people aren’t making over the designated $75,000 either.

June 19, 2008 at 9:34 am
(190) Robert says:

Ryan — How would you determine who paid their taxes first? The IRS gets millions of returns per day, both by mail and online. Some people pre- and post-date their returns. Let’s say the IRS gets 1 million returns all dated April 10… which one of them paid first. Date of filing would be the worst way to do it.

June 19, 2008 at 7:38 pm
(191) cecilia jones says:

no such thing as FREE MONEY!!!!!

June 21, 2008 at 3:37 am
(192) Kathie says:

Hello, I am a single parent of a 19 year old child that is disabled I pay 100% of her support, she does not get ssi, she is my daughter and I take care of her, but I didn’t get any stimulus money for her and I am only getting 300.00 what would they like me to do with 300.00 that will not even pay for my gas to get to and from work for 2 weeks. and it is also money we would have gotten anyway just not now, so it is not free money they are taking money from the next years tax breaks and giving it to us sooner so stimulate us now or later, either way it is not enough money do really accomplish anything with.

June 21, 2008 at 3:33 pm
(193) amy says:

I think these rebate check are a bunch of bull. The people that need it the most do not qualify. What are they to do now? I think that this is so WRONG.

June 23, 2008 at 7:08 am
(194) pat says:

everybody needs to chill you will get your checks soon just remember its free money what do you exspect i no i should be recieveing mine soon but im not going to count on it so good luck erverybody i get back to ya if i recieve mine

June 23, 2008 at 2:47 pm
(195) Barbara says:

It is FREE MONEY! Patience is a virtue!!

June 24, 2008 at 9:42 pm
(196) Debi says:

This is in response to Amy – before moaning about how unfair it is check your facts – my elderly parents who make so little they don’t even have to file got a rebate check! By the way – I haven’t got my check either – when it shows up it shows up!

June 25, 2008 at 5:11 pm
(197) cjcgrad97 says:

bals.

June 25, 2008 at 5:12 pm
(198) cjcgrad97 says:

taxes rebate stimulus check balls.

June 25, 2008 at 11:18 pm
(199) gary says:

George Bush enough said.
The man has terrible people around him.
Im sorry they all cut out on him.
Its scarry its all so pitiful
Right now must of us need lots of luck…

June 26, 2008 at 5:50 am
(200) Larry Hassell says:

After earlier getting the “no information available” on the IRS web site. I tried again today and lo and behold it said “I would be getting 600.00 sent out on July 4th and if I didn’t get it by August 1st to contact them”. I guess it needs to be within a week or so of the time the payment is scheduled to be sent for it to appear on the IRS web site.

June 26, 2008 at 7:22 pm
(201) Paula says:

I’m still waiting for my check. I heard you will recieve a letter first and then three days later you get your money. Why haven’t i got my letter yet? My last to # are 80. Shouldn’t i got a letter yet? It says June 27th – July 4 th . The mail does’t run on a hoilday so give me my check now please. This website does not help you . Why can’t you talk to a peson on the phone in stead, of a computer when calling the #. Thanks.

June 29, 2008 at 9:18 pm
(202) joey says:

Everyone else in my family has recieved theirs except myself and my mother, we both have 78 in the end numbers so I understand we will not get ours till sometime the start of July,

My husband got his about a week after the time estimated and had his letter about a week prior or so. As for the children amounts, it seems that alot of people are still having issues with the childrens part. Several people I know did not recieve the child pay and I will not know for a few weeks still so to those that have kids, do not expect that part unless they have fixed the issue. To all in general, just be happy when you get it and do not count on it being any amount till you see the letter or your bank. My hubby got more than he expected but I think I will end up less than what I first thought.

June 30, 2008 at 10:27 pm
(203) Richard says:

Never got mine and I wonder why.
supposed to be mail or gotten by the 27th
now the chart is gone
I needed that money so bad to get to work and fix my car.
Obama must have cancelled ours as a senator he has voted 160 times for everything he says is wrong with our country so it must be his fault.
But then again this is just a waste of time too right………………………………………….

July 1, 2008 at 1:41 am
(204) Mike says:

Why did’t I get my Victoria Secrets catalog yet?

July 1, 2008 at 5:55 am
(205) hafulopi says:

My D is 18+ old, is she still qualified for the $300 child tax rebate? Thanks!

July 1, 2008 at 6:45 am
(206) r says:

203 – No.

July 1, 2008 at 6:48 am
(207) Robert says:

202 Mike: You can call Victoria at 1.800.411.5116. Call early as she is very popular this time of year.

July 2, 2008 at 7:39 pm
(208) icybabe says:

ok people before you all gripe about this money please do your research….people who get earned income at tax time might not get the full 300 per child you already got a tax break when you got e.i. if you owe back child support taxes or student loans they will off set it with your rebate. last but not least we all need this money but don’t spend it till you get it in hand or in bank.

July 3, 2008 at 7:32 pm
(209) Tina says:

If I get a rebate, I’ll be surprised.
I think because you have a student loan it should not allow them to have good reason to take it. With all the interest that accrues on student loans I could have went to college 4 lifetimes. If they want to boost our economy let the people decide where the money goes. Not to loan sharks.

July 5, 2008 at 7:14 am
(210) May says:

There’s something on here that says I won’t get a rebate check if I am still a dependent, can someone tell me what this is about? I’ve been waiting for my check for almost 2 months now and everyone around me who’s last 2 digits of their social is after mines got their checks a week or two ago.

July 5, 2008 at 1:24 pm
(211) jerry says:

There is alot of poeple here getting upset over free money.money that the IRS is giving to you.Instead you need to be getting upset about other issues with the IRS and our so called government.Not free money

July 5, 2008 at 4:31 pm
(212) Mary says:

NO SUCH THING AS FREE MONEY! YOU WILL PAY FOR IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

July 5, 2008 at 10:15 pm
(213) Peter says:

$300.00 bucks, what the F**K am I going to do with that? Mmmm, get that new car? Buy that condo I had my eye on?Take that trip to Hawaii I have been putting off for years? Give me a freakin’ break. I might as well go down to the local massage parlor and get my pipes cleaned, at least I know I will get some pleasure out of it!!!

July 6, 2008 at 7:40 am
(214) Robert says:

Peter: Many people have expressed similar feelings about the amount of their tax rebate. However, there is no record of anyone being unhappy enough to send the check back to the IRS.

July 7, 2008 at 9:53 am
(215) Tricia says:

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! MY LAST TWO OF MY SOCIAL IS 43 BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE MINE! I CALLED AND THEY SAY THEY MAILED IT TO, BUT WHERE IS IT? THANK GOD I DONT DEPEND ON THIS MONEY!!

July 8, 2008 at 2:22 am
(216) Larry Hassell says:

I received a letter from the IRS saying I would receive the check by July 5th, it is now July 7th and I still haven’t gotten it. With the holiday it seems it is too early to panic. One thing that does concern me though is their statement that if it is lost they won’t even try to do anything until August 1st.

July 8, 2008 at 7:10 pm
(217) Patricia says:

My wallet was stolen with my rebate check in it!! Any advice?

July 8, 2008 at 8:01 pm
(218) usgovinfo says:

Patricia: Cashing a check from the Treasury requires photo ID, so you have some safety there. You’ll need to contact the IRS to let them know you lost the check. They’ll probably stop payment on the first check and send you a new one, but all that might take some time.

Call the IRS at: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time. — Call at 7:00 a.m. for the best chance of getting person.

Don’t worry, you are far from the only person to have lost their rebate check.

July 9, 2008 at 10:42 am
(219) Kellie says:

Today is July 9th still do not have my rebate check. My last 2 digits are 03. Called the 1-800 number several times. Same thing a recording every time. Cannot get a live person on the phone. What the HELL is the hold up

July 9, 2008 at 11:02 am
(220) Mark Burns says:

My wife claimed ours,i havent seen her in 2 years, been cheated what to do?

July 10, 2008 at 12:23 pm
(221) Derek says:

ok… quick question is the tax reabte and the stimulis check the same thing im new at the whole thing

July 10, 2008 at 12:53 pm
(222) Robert says:

Derek: Yes

July 14, 2008 at 12:01 pm
(223) Giovanna says:

Strange today is July 14 and still didn’t get my direct deposit from the IRS.I done everything gawd why do i have to pay tax when i dont get the rebate? I called them so many times geez what can i do to check it out?

July 14, 2008 at 2:01 pm
(224) ricky says:

my social ends in 97 and I have not received a letter yet does that mean I don’t qualify

July 15, 2008 at 10:02 am
(225) tom says:

last 2 digits are 70 the table says it should have been mailed by 6/27. going on 3 wks later, when can I expect to receive it? thanks for any help

July 15, 2008 at 3:29 pm
(226) Angie says:

My S.S. number ends in 83 and I havent recieved anything either and you cant talk to a human that is for sure I call everyday!!!

July 15, 2008 at 3:41 pm
(227) Robert says:

Call them at 7:00 am, your time. It’s your best shot at getting through.

July 16, 2008 at 3:47 pm
(228) michael says:

what if you do not get your check when your number this pasted?

July 16, 2008 at 4:54 pm
(229) Eunice Y. Morrow says:

Why Haven,t I Received My Rebate Check My No Ends In 75

July 16, 2008 at 6:29 pm
(230) Donny says:

My # ends in 81 an i haven’t received mine but my roommate ends in 98 an she received hers July 15th and both filed the same?????

July 17, 2008 at 11:59 am
(231) Giovanna says:

This is so strange,still haven’t gotten mine gawd IRS is pissing me off now.Tried to call them at 7 am and nothing lol.I think the 1500 direct deposit mistakes that irs did was ours guys,so now we have to wait for their mistake.

July 18, 2008 at 5:38 pm
(232) Celia Moses says:

Do I get an tax relief check? and if it was sent to the wrong address? Somesone told me to ask, because it might of been sent to the wrong address and i wouldn’t even know if i don’t ask,
I have one dependent i claim.

July 23, 2008 at 9:16 am
(233) Jen Harris says:

I have not received my rebate check yet becasue I had to file an amendment. I will be receiving mine in August but it is not for the full amount. I was informed that the IRS changed everything after they started sending out the checks. We were only supposed to get the amount for any dependants first and then that was changed and now this. Anyone who did not receive their full amount of the stimulus will receive the other half come tax time. I think it is a bunch of crapola but heh its the government right? They always find a way to screw us……lol!!!!

July 28, 2008 at 10:10 am
(234) WIILIAM ORTEGA says:

I HAVEN’T RECIEVED MY CHECK I MOVED
WHAT DO I DO…

July 28, 2008 at 10:05 pm
(235) tg says:

I did a change of address my check was supposed to be mail July 4. How long do you think it will take for the check to get to my new address?

July 29, 2008 at 9:25 am
(236) Linda says:

I am self-employed lower wage earner whom you’d think would quailfy for the stimulus check.. won’t happen. I didn’t make enough net income to get the rebate. People like myself need that money. What a scam! The public was lead to believe you’d received $600.00 for a single person no matter what your income.

July 30, 2008 at 1:15 am
(237) Chuck says:

I’m a credentialed WI dwelling inspector, I work independently for 8 small Townships. I drove so many miles serving the public that my NET income was below the limit so I don’t get the rebate. OK. But I know builders on disability that do not report any earned income (they get paid in cash) so they don’t loose their disability payment and they got the rebate. SCAM PERFECTION

August 3, 2008 at 1:17 pm
(238) sean says:

I am supposed to recieve a stimulus check from the government. I had checked to see when it was supposed to be sent out, the last 2 digits of my SSN is 93, and it said it was supposed to have gone out bout the 11th of july. well, here it is august and I still have not recieved it yet. what could be the problem?

August 4, 2008 at 11:57 am
(239) heather says:

HELLO people….it’s not free money! They (the gov) give us money they borrowed from China. Why would China loan us that kind of money, because they love us so? NO! They LOANED it to us so us material focused American’s can spend all the money at our local Wally World! Win-Win for China….send us money, get it back funneled through Wally World, then collect the interest. WOW what a great opportunity for Red China. BTW have you ever seen the interest on a credit card with just a few thousand dollars balance? Now elevate that figure to a round billion number…get the idea? Of course you don’t, you are a product of the American public school system. SAD

August 6, 2008 at 8:31 am
(240) vincent pasqua says:

according to your schedule I should have received my rebate check. I keep getting the runaround from your website when I supply info.

August 6, 2008 at 11:47 am
(241) Donna says:

Just got off the phone after 50 minute wait with IRS only to be told Red Alert sent this morning to IRS employees that another 4 week extension has been given to employees since they are so busy with stimulus questions/processing of amended taxes are on back burner again til September 12. BS. Run this like a real business President Bush you need to fix this mess. Tired of waiting for my money.

August 8, 2008 at 4:16 pm
(242) Bryan says:

I haven’t gotten a letter and haven’t received my rebate. I should’ve had it by now!

August 12, 2008 at 1:10 pm
(243) sam jojogetbk says:

I don’t understand the system for getting my check. I have been waiting for months.
sam the jojogetbk.

August 12, 2008 at 1:11 pm
(244) rottie says:

i have not gotten my tax rebate yet. its not aug 12 08 and the rest of my family got theirs already. i do owe the irs some money but i have a payment deal withy dem…is that affecting my tax rebate?

August 13, 2008 at 11:00 pm
(245) Charles Perry says:

The tool to tell when your rebate will arrive is worthless.

August 18, 2008 at 1:15 pm
(246) roger that says:

Never got mine! What a great plan!
678- jojogetbk – 097865- 09324

August 19, 2008 at 8:45 pm
(247) Libertairan says:

Can I offer that the American citizens wake up and research the FAIRTAX at FAIRTAX.ORG and abolish the IRS using a graduated sales tax based on family size. Final thought Everyone pays salestax, not everyone pays taxes. This plan will abolish the Federal income tax and produce enough cash to fund Social Security and take the power away from the Congress.

August 20, 2008 at 1:04 pm
(248) SueD says:

I am confused. I am a single parent of a child in college and I own a home and struggle with the bills. I got no tax incentive check. However, I understand if you filed a joint return with a spouse, you got $1200.00. Can that be correct?

August 26, 2008 at 6:02 pm
(249) Merritt says:

Last numbers are 30 and have still not received a rebate????

September 8, 2008 at 10:55 am
(250) Meme says:

Call the IRS if there is a problem people. You may have to wait on hold awhile but I just had my problem resolved by the nice man there. I had put both my home and mailing address in the same and only box to put them on the rebate form, leading them to send it to the wrong address. Mine was 2 months late from when it said it was sent. Turns out sure enough a human never looked at my rebate form and my check was simply returned to IRS. It had to be re-released with the right address.

Thanks for helping me with this site!

September 28, 2008 at 3:36 pm
(251) kelly says:

who will pay my tax rebate

October 5, 2008 at 10:47 am
(252) nadinemcclendon says:

referrence to home rebate check never recieved and try to get threw talk to some the answer machine just we reapts it self still have not recieve check 10 -5-08 thank u for help in this matter

November 12, 2008 at 6:14 pm
(253) Linda S says:

I received most of the rebate package but did make a mistake on one dependent SS and fixed it with the IRS via their request and I cant get that $300.00 they were telling me I had to wait till next year.

February 12, 2009 at 2:06 pm
(254) Maurice Nesbitt says:

where is my rebate refund an when will I receiveit

April 25, 2009 at 10:58 am
(255) me says:

i never got my 2007 rebate and not getting hopes up on this one either

January 25, 2010 at 10:58 am
(256) Linda f. says:

I just read a Kiplinger letter about all the new tax breaks people can get this year but what about the senior citizens on fixed income where is our COLA raise and when will we get some help With all the bills and rent going up how are we suppose to survive? We have alot or seniors that only get 650.00 a month

June 8, 2012 at 12:48 pm
(257) wayne royer says:

we still have not got our return yet, its been since feb. of 2012. i would say the internal revinue had sufficient time to get it out. we used tubo tax, that we bought from the store. and was suppose to have it direct deposit. ha ha, that didnt happen. just goes to show you how slow and stupid some of the people working for them are. so long suckers