1. News & Issues
Robert Longley

How to File Loud TV Commercial Complaints

By December 16, 2012

Update -- See: TV Viewers Bear Burden for CALM Act Enforcement
If you, like many if not most people, had visions of the government really cracking down on TV stations and cable companies that broadcast annoyingly loud commercials after enactment of the CALM Act, you had a wrong vision. The fact is that the FCC has placed most of the burden for enforcement of the law squarely on TV viewers.

The much-desired TV commercial volume control law - the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act - is now in effect, but you can bet your eardrums there will be violations. Here's when and how to report CALM Act violations.

Taking full effect on December 13, 2012, the CALM Act requires TV stations, cable operators, satellite TV operators and other pay TV providers to limit a commercial's average volume to that of the programming that it accompanies.

It May Not be a Violation

The CALM Act is enforced by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the FCC does provide a simple way to report violations. However, the FCC also advises that not all "loud" commercials are violations.

According to the FCC), while the overall or average volume of the commercial should be no louder than the regular programming, it may still have "louder" and "quieter" moments. As a result, says the FCC, some commercials may sound "too loud" to some viewers, but still comply with the law.

Basically, if all or most of the commercial sounds louder to you that the regular program, report it.

Broadcasters who fail to comply with the CALM Act regulations face significant financial penalties imposed by the FCC.

How to Report a CALM Act Violation

The easiest way to file a loud commercial complaint is by using the FCC's online complaint form at www.fcc.gov/complaints. To use the form, click on the Complaint Type button "Broadcast (TV and Radio), Cable, and Satellite Issues," and then click on the Category button "Loud Commercials." This will take you to the "Form 2000G - Loud Commercial Complaint" form. Fill out the form and click on "Complete the form" to submit your complaint to the FCC.

The "Loud Commercial Complaint" form asks for information, including the date and time you saw the commercial, the name of the program you were watching and which TV station or pay TV provider transmitted the commercial. It's a lot of information, but it is necessary to help the FCC correctly identify the offending commercial from among the tens-of-thousands of commercials aired every day.

Complaints can also be filed by fax to 1-866-418-0232 or by filling out a 2000G - Loud Commercial Complaint form (.pdf) and mailing it to:

The Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20554.

If you need assistance in filing your complaint, you may contact the FCC's Consumer Call Center by calling 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) (voice) or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) (TTY).

Also See: More Details About Enforcement of the CALM Act

Comments

December 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm
(1) Rich says:

Could they possibly make reprting these annoyingly loud commercials any more convoluted and complicated. The current method will dissuade many viewers from putting forth the degree of effort required to correct the problem.

December 29, 2012 at 6:10 am
(2) usgovinfo says:

Rich: That’s what I thought at first, but considering how many ads are running at any given time of the day and night (millions?), and the fact that by filing a complaint, we are accusing somebody of a criminal act, making an accurate identification of the offending ad and broadcaster is essential. It’s pretty much what you have to do when reporting any crime.

Robert Longley

December 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm
(3) danielle leblanc says:

I will definately do what is needed to stop these providers from attacking my
tranquility and peace in my home. It is an invasion–and unfortunately I have to PAY MONEY to let them do it to me!!! It is beyond comprehension what we HAVE TO ALLOW and what THEY GET AWAY WITH. Ya just gotta LOVE capitalism. The onward and endless pursuit of more suckers spending more money !!!!

December 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm
(4) george stringe says:

So far, I have seen absolutely no compliance with the new law. Of course, the law was written by idiots and is written so poorly that it is just about unenforceable. The “average” sound level is not the correct definition. The FCC admits that some may sound louder but still be within the law, hell, that is the correct definition of louder!!

Humans do not hear in a linear fashion, we hear logarithmic. Twice the sound level is just barely discernible by human hearing.

The real problem is the duffases who wrote the law, allowing the FCC to cop out.

January 1, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(5) Mike l. says:

I am sitting here watching the NBC nightly news and all of the commercial are blaringly loud. There has been no reduction in volume at all. the FCC should be in charge of monitoring this. We should not have to go through some convoluted process for this to be enforced. FCC needs to enforce their laws. Do your job!

January 1, 2013 at 11:45 pm
(6) Deborah says:

The law took affect December 13, 2012 and I did notice a huge difference in the level of the commercials. It was nice while it lasted, just about 2 weeks. Since about the 24 th of December, the ads have been getting increasingly louder. I have to have the TV turned all the way up to hear it- no hearing problems, but it is a very small TV and does not get very loud, except when the commercials come on. I usually have to turn the volume down 40-50%, and still some commercials exceed the turned down level, so I mute them. I am muting more each day as they volume goes back up.

I have been in my basement with the washer and dryer going and all of a sudden I would hear really loud noise, only to find out it is commercial time. BTW, to all those ads for other TV shows or to purchase something, when I have to keep turning down the TV because your ads are so loud, I make certain to NOT watch that TV show or buy those products. So if these companies think they will gain customers by deafening them with overly loud commercials, think again. I don’t know if other people feel this way, but it would be a great way to make it register with these inconsiderate companies, if people refused to buy their products until they turn down the noise and keep it turned down.

I shall start keeping logs and turn them in, not that it will do any good. Until then, my mute button is getting used more often.

January 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm
(7) Mary alice carlin says:

RreI met this man named William lewis Smith on a
dating app he said he was in US military and stationed
at camp Phoenix Afghanistan infantry 82nd any way after a while of talking and exchanging pictures he told

Me he wanted to be with me and beeded help with coming to see me he asked me to send him $2880 dollars for air fair i told him i couldn’t do that it made him
very angry so i quit talking with him and then he started
malting threats sending me gmails and text s on my phone the last one i got was yesterday he first called me
at 1:30am yesterday and said he is in the states now
and that he was going to track me down and when he finds me he is going to kill me he didn’t just say that he
also put that on my gmail the phone number he called me
form i still have it’s located in warren Michigan he said he
is at his sitter house and she sent him the air fair to come
he said just to find me i since then changed my number
and have new gmail account but he said on my old gmail
he already knows where i am he said he has all my detail
with him so what can i do Pease help me catch this guy
I have all his emails and pictures he sent me he also is on Facebook

January 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm
(8) Eddie says:

Great, enforcement by the same folks that created the “do not call registry” that works SO well…

January 6, 2013 at 9:07 am
(9) uspsgal says:

I have seen no change at all! Have to grab the remove everytime the show goes to commercial. Just another can’t enforce rule. They hope to wear us down until we give up.

January 10, 2013 at 10:37 pm
(10) R.J. says:

EASY to fix this problem. Stop patronizing the business’ that BLARE. Contact these advertisers and tell them we will boycott. I am only one person but I will not buy from and have not bought from any company who does it.

January 11, 2013 at 11:15 pm
(11) F.W. says:

If a local TV station carried by a cable provider is deemed to have a loud commercial in violation of the law, who is responsible, the TV station or the cable provider?

January 13, 2013 at 10:52 am
(12) Kathleen says:

First day of the law the commercials were noticeably quieter, now they are back to their old volume. We the people should not have the burden of monitoring every commercial infraction. Use our government employees wisely, have them do it. Seriously, I can’t wait to fire my government employees next time I get to vote.

January 13, 2013 at 12:45 pm
(13) Larry says:

I always have to have the remote in my hand to lower the volume when a commercial comes on. I’ve complained twice and haven’t heard anything from the FCC. That complaint form is a joke. Why do they need my address? Isn’t city/state/email enough? Are they actually following up on my complaint. I don’t think so because I see no change. What are they doing with my complaint???

January 13, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(14) John says:

I keep the form loaded up everytime I watch the tube and lay in waiting. When I hear one of these loud commercials I punch in the offender info and hit the submit button

January 16, 2013 at 6:35 pm
(15) Ed says:

I wonder if they average the noise level of the entire show to determine how load a commercial can be. If so it might explain why you see the first few minutes of a show the the theme song is BLASTED then onto the commercials.

CBS has the loudest intro music on the dial.

Ed

January 18, 2013 at 8:02 am
(16) larry says:

I have started watching any channel that has fewest commercials. I used to love Discovery and History channels but have rarely watched them now that they run more commercials than content. Also they rarely have anything about Discovery or History.

January 19, 2013 at 3:03 pm
(17) Tom says:

I agree with all the above. I was going to log a complaint, but after reading these comments, what’s the use?

January 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(18) John Galt says:

I don’t buy products that air loud commercials or that use stupidity to sell their products or that attack their competition with manipulated statistics.
As far as loud commercials are concerned …
One word:Netflix

January 20, 2013 at 6:05 pm
(19) Mark Lavalier says:

I guess you can’t log a complaint unless you shell out $25. Screw them.

January 20, 2013 at 6:18 pm
(20) usgovinfo says:

Mark (19): There is no charge to file a complaint. Here’s a direct link to the FCC’s online complaint form for loud commercials….

Robert Longley

January 24, 2013 at 11:58 am
(21) Catherine says:

In following up on my complaint, the complaint number could not be found.

They have made it deplorably difficult to follow through/up on the Calm Act. It isn’t even listed as a category!

Case Status

Invalid Case ID. We could not locate a case based on the case ID provided. Please go back and try again.

February 2, 2013 at 9:03 pm
(22) Kelly G says:

Well, first of all, I have to agree with all of the comments I’ve been reading. And since December 13th, it seems like more and more commercials have increased their volume levels substantially. It is so much more noticable after the turn of the new year. We all need to make more of an effort to report as many of these violations that we can. STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

February 2, 2013 at 9:23 pm
(23) Kelly G says:

Mary Alice Carlin ….. What the F are you talking about and why are you airing your dirty scandal on this comment site??? WackO

February 8, 2013 at 4:17 pm
(24) Allan says:

Now they’ve started “YELLING” to get your attention. The volume may not be any higher, but you definately know the salesman is YELLING. Car dealerships are the worst offenders.

February 8, 2013 at 4:36 pm
(25) Lucy S. Messina says:

Why is the Calm Act – not in effect? Because of the cable companies ,even though the stations – maybe following the law , the Cable company – may turn up the sound – anytime they want to ??

So this law is really – not going to stop the loud commercials ?

Call the stations – talk to the general managers -see what they are doing – find out the truth. It may have been done – for all the right reasons, but if they are not going to regulate the cable companies – this is a muted point.

February 9, 2013 at 7:52 pm
(26) Chrissysno says:

Magnavox makes TV’s with “Smart Sound”. The TV automatically adjusts the volume for commercials. Also, it lowers the volume when you turn on the TV, or change the channel, and gradually raises it back up, to the volume that it’s set on. I think all TV’s should be that way. Let’s boycott everything that contributes to the problem, and endorse anything that helps.

February 10, 2013 at 9:50 am
(27) david james says:

There has definitely not been any change in the way commericals are broadcast they are still loud and very annoying, like some of the other commentors has said ,how mush harder could the form made it impossible to report this violation of the so called law prohibiting commercials from being broadcast are a higher volume than the programming . This hold forest of a law is a joke even the FCC mkaes a mokrey of any change to inforce these viliations in the statement on this as i read it states that the FCC says some commercials could be louder than the broadscsted program, just politics at its best ,just a waste of time passing this law

February 13, 2013 at 10:19 pm
(28) julie says:

Yup, two months after it’s officially the law that tv commercials should not be louder than the shows, they’re still too loud. And if we have to report one incident in order to call attention to the issue, that’s really a shame, but at least there’s the comments section. I laid it out there. Hope you did too.

February 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm
(29) Jay in WV says:

So what the FCC is saying is that WE have to enforce the law passed by Congress? I guess they are too busy searching for the occasional curse word or a booby slip they can’t do what Congress has tasked them to do. The FCC has been aggressive in attacking and fining radio and TV for minor things but somehow they can’t find the time to regulate volume? Nice.

February 17, 2013 at 6:35 pm
(30) usgovinfo says:

@Jay: What if people did not report robberies, rapes, murders, etc.? What if the cops had to discover all crimes themselves? Also, most violations of the FCC radio and TV ethics regs are reported by viewers and listeners.

Robert

February 17, 2013 at 8:54 pm
(31) jay in WV says:

“Jay: Did you notice that the very first item on the FCC’s Television complaint reporting form at: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints is: “Broadcast programs showing obscene, profane, and/or indecent material?” Do you really want the FCC spending who knows how much of our tax dollars monitor millions of commercials ever hour of the day? Yes, we need to enforce this law. Imagine if the cops had to discover all crimes themselves.

Sincerely,
Robert Longle”

First of all, an errant curse word or too much boob is hardly a “robbery, rape, or a murder”. How much money has the FCC spent censoring programming we can simply choose not the watch? YES, I would much rather they spend the money trying to regulate and act that is intended to stop invasive commercials on programs we are actually choosing to watch. You should be censored for comparing an overreaching bureaucratic agency like the FCC to real police work. When is the last time you guys arrested a robber, rapist, or a murderer? What a joke.

February 22, 2013 at 11:22 am
(32) George says:

I cannot believe that nothing is being done to lower the volume of loud noises and voices on tv commercials. I am really tired of reaching for the remote to mute commercials and I do mute all commercials, but I will keep doing it as long as it takes. I would think that those in charge of commercial volumes would catch on by now. There must be millions of people doing the same thing as me. There is far more to gain by leaving the volume level at a range acceptable by the audience. Hmmmm?

March 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm
(33) Jhb says:

CALLyour CABLE OR SATELLITE company and tell them you are going to report them to FCC and cancel your service because of the LOUD COMMERCIALS.. They are the ones in control of the volume.

March 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm
(34) Barbara says:

I am appaulded at the disgustining comment of Joan Rivers about Betty White. She has no shame and I, for one, will not watch her show any more. Betty White is an icon and should spit on Joan Rivers, but Betty has too much class. Joan, on the other hand, should perhaps forego anymore plastic surgery before her face pulls apart and act like a human being. Asking for her to be a compassionate human being is probably asking too much, but Joan has become a disgustining personality. Does anyone share my thoughts?

April 15, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(35) Marcus says:

I have started hitting the MUTE button at the 1st loud commercial and
leave it muted until the program returns. This way commercials that
are not too loud are unheard also. If enough viewers did this, the not loud advertisers might put pressure on the stations.

April 28, 2013 at 5:02 pm
(36) Lynne says:

Never in my over 50 years on the planet do I ever remember having to turn down the volume when ads came on the TV. Not only that but when the ads are over, you then have to turn the volume up again in order to hear the regular program. This tells us just how large the differential is between the program and the ads. Don’t you think that maybe the creators of these hideous ads (which also seem to have taken on a new brand of obnoxiousness) have taken advantage of the greater ease of volume changing with the coming of the remote control?

May 7, 2013 at 12:14 am
(37) james Nichols says:

Dish commercial with man threatening
to hit a man on head with baseball bat. How discussing.

May 7, 2013 at 2:53 am
(38) J.J. says:

Where does someone file a complain regarding a commercial that is offensive? Like the one on UNDOCUMENTED wanting HEALTH CARE in “THEIR COUNTRY”— speaking about the U.S.A.!!!!!! WHAT PART OF UNDOCUMENTED DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND!!!

May 13, 2013 at 6:05 pm
(39) Rich says:

Wake up good people. Those who drafted this law are not idiots, far from it. It’s just that those with integrity believed (perhaps correctly) that this was the best compromise they could get from the rest of Congress, which as a practical matter, is under the thumb of (owned by) the corporate sponsors. The rule of average volume, the difficulty of reporting violations, the bizarre maze of enforcement the FCC would have to (but is unlikely to ever) follow, and more, are very carefully drafted to make any fallout from violation of the law a near zero probability. The result is a law that even those without integrity can use to tell voters they care, while allowing the corporate sponsors, as usual, to conduct business in violation of the public’s reasonable standards for fair, acceptable profit-making behaviors. I will not waste my time on the deliberately ridiculous complaint form. I do, however, encourage you good people to never vote for any candidate whose vote can be managed by the corporate sponsors (and in my opinion that includes many Democrats and virtually all Republicans).

May 29, 2013 at 8:37 am
(40) Deen Eaton says:

Even though there are some violations, I do see better control. Now, can the FCC work on the volume levels when changing channels?

June 30, 2013 at 8:34 pm
(41) Don says:

Not only are the commercials just as loud but certain channels are louder than others, therefore when I change to these channels, I have to lower the volume in order not to get blasted out of my seat.

July 7, 2013 at 9:14 am
(42) dennis says:

It seems like the commercials have not only gotten louder, but they have become so silly that I can’t believe that they help sell any products..
Why, for instance, do insurance cos. think cartoon animals who speak like humans will sell their policies? If a person is persuaded by these commercials—-well, shame on us.

July 7, 2013 at 9:53 am
(43) Robert Longley says:

Dennis (42): Actually, the Geico gecko has been one of the most successful campaigns in the history of advertising. If you can’t trust a witty green lizard with an Australian accent, who can you trust? Flo?

Robert Longley

July 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm
(44) Bob Watts says:

It does no good to complain as the FCC wants detailed infor for a specific station while they all do it. The TV shows are now playing extremely loud background music and/or sound so that the commercials are no louder. Real sneaky but it is working and they don’t care that we cannot hardly hear the actors talking. Pure commercial greed and disregard for the new law. FCC do your job.

August 17, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(45) Bruce Daniell says:

Loud commercials are supposed to be against the law, but they continue because the FCC doesn’t monitor broadcasters for commercial volume violations. They rely on citizens to report, but ask those that report for such detailed information, it cetainly is confusing and inhibits enforcement.

The FCC should monitor all stations with equipment that can accurately measure decibel changes and provide accurate and timely information to support fines in a quick and timely manner. Only then will compliance be effective.

August 23, 2013 at 12:47 am
(46) Mike says:

What’s so hard for the networks to understand about this simple advertising tactic. Which is– don’t double the volume level during the commercial breaks and potential consumers will not block 100% chance of hearing the commercials THEIR COMMERCIAL SPONSORS are paying them for!

August 23, 2013 at 12:55 am
(47) mike says:

Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

Well, where is it then?! You said I laughed a duplicate comment but I don’t see it anywhere on your website.

August 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm
(48) Sandra says:

I have written to the FCC with the necessary information in filing a complaint that Channels CBS 2/9 were not adhering to the Act. I documented the program, channel, date, time and NOTHING was done about it. In addition, there wasn’t even an acknowledgement that anything would be done. The FCC is just another Government ran facility that doesn’t do their job’s either.

Filing a complaint with the FCC? BIG JOKE!

August 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(49) Jason says:

I just mute it when the commercials come on. If everyone started doing this they might get the message.

August 30, 2013 at 1:45 am
(50) Karen says:

I am constantly muting commercials because they are all loud compared to the show I’m watching – why have to fill out a form with time, date, program, etc when every commercial out there is loud. FCC employees watch TV too, they can see (or hear) for themselves that the companies are thumbing their noses at them. My husband and I now record most of our shows and fast forward through the commercials – so the stupid sponsors are defeating themselves anyhow. Not to mention there are so darn many that a 30 minute show is probably 17 in reality. Someone needs to invent some attachment that will lower the sound. I like the Magnavox idea that someone mentioned and that’s what I’ll look for in my next TV.

September 2, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(51) John Wilson says:

The CALM Act was passed on Dec 15, 2010; they gave broadcasters (I’m on DTV) 2-full years to bring their systems into compliance, as it did not go into effect until Dec 13, 2012. Furthermore, all of this is regulated at the, in my case DTV level… they determine the level of their broadcasts to customer, and can modulate it virtually at will. 2-years to implement a law that requires DTV to modulate its broadcasting volume with the creation of a simple logarithm, which requires about an hour to write and several days to test!
I am equally disturbed by all the crap LOGOS on the bottom right of my screen!
I’m going to start doing what many of you suggested, just keep contacting the FCC, and do not STOP! You may also want to contact your congress person and senator.
Congress sold the airwaves of WE THE PEOPLE to private business in order for them to make $$$! The only real provision that they inserted was for the broadcasters devote 1-hour each day, of their programming to NEWS! Well, we don’t even get that! If you watch the new hour in your area and actually track the news and commercials, what you get is 40-minutes of news, with teasers, lead in and other garbage, and better that 20-minutes of commercials. To put it another way, we are paying for private companies to use our airwaves to make mountains of $$$, charge us ever-increasing rates, and both us with blaring commercials and crappy LOGOS on our TV screens! Just what is wrong with this picture?

September 18, 2013 at 7:40 am
(52) Rafael Mora says:

Good idea bad implementation.
I’m sure that complaints are abundant but nothing changes. Commercials continue to be louder than the programming shown in all TV / Cable network.
Even wrote to the network directly and nothing.
Corporations rule.

September 18, 2013 at 7:56 pm
(53) Jerry Redmond says:

When can we expect the FCC to start fining the networks. I would like
to have a response if you don’t mind.

September 18, 2013 at 8:17 pm
(54) usgovinfo says:

Jerry: The networks will not be fined. Compliance with CALM is the responsibility of the various TV stations and cable/satellite broadcasters. If you want further replies, contact the FCC directly. Replying to viewers is their job, not mine.

Robert Longley

September 23, 2013 at 8:27 am
(55) Sandra says:

Don, in comment #41 has it correct, some stations are are are louder. I thought at first it was the TV, but noticed that it happens on all TV’s in my home (3). I have sent emails to local stations and they want details. Well, your particular station is the only one that I have a problem with on volume. Still they need details, go figure! So every time I watch NBC local I have to turn volume down low so as not to be blasted out of my seat and house! So much for the FCC’s law to lower volume. It’s like talking to a room of children that have had little instruction on how to play nice!

October 10, 2013 at 10:57 am
(56) TruthorConsequences says:

Over the past month or so it has becoming blaringly (intentional Malapropism) clear that commercials are still being cranked up and even maybe more than previously. Some are shockingly high. I will be making reports. I hope somehow this reporting and enforcement system works at least as well as unwanted sales calls….smile.

October 13, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(57) jaderanch says:

There are cable TV stations that are extravagantly and substantially violating the CALM Act, MSNBC specifically, but because of the government sutdown these violations can not be reported.
This is now akin to traffic laws in Rome.

October 26, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(58) Lisa says:

I have just sent a 2nd email complaint to Dish. Ironic that it’s a Dish vs Direct tv commercial that is the most offensive. Not only is the commercial extremely loud, it is just incredibly stupid. 2 tv’s talking to each other. Also, it messes with the time I have saved on my dvr when I try to fast forward through it. Just ridiculous!

November 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm
(59) JFAB says:

Broadcasters are not turning the volume up, they’re turning it DOWN. And it’s not for commercials, it’s during the regular program material. YOU are turning the volume up then to hear your program. THEY may then play the commercials at the allowed volume without penalty because YOU have turned the volume up!

November 7, 2013 at 8:06 pm
(60) Carol says:

Loud commercials were driving me crazy. I now record everything an watch later skipping commercials. And the louder they are the less likely I’m buying the product!

November 22, 2013 at 1:46 am
(61) Dwight says:

Possibly a few hundred thousand signatures on a petition sent to all the stations would get attention.

February 3, 2014 at 7:05 am
(62) Dean Schaff says:

It would help if commercials were banned from frequencies below 150hz. I hate that that they abuse my subwoofer, the bass is for the program, not them. it would be easy to monitor, just set the crossover to 150hz, and if sound comes out of the woofer, they’re busted.

February 14, 2014 at 1:54 am
(63) jim22 says:

I have bought sound level meter equipment, DT-85A, by company CEM.
I made these measurments:
Ambient noise at the point of measurement (near my computer) 30DBell
I start youtube and find Melanie Safka songs.
Melanie Safka signing normally 70DBell.
Charter commercial with a guy saying: “I am just a simple guy” 90DBell.
If you google: “how to block loud advertisements on computer” you get About 256,000,000 results (0.57 seconds).
Please do something about the companies who are making all of us deaf.
FCC can have them to pay for National health care because they are responsible for making people deaf.

March 8, 2014 at 1:28 am
(64) realityseeker says:

If the FCC would at least go after a few of the broadcasters that are the worst violators and hit them hard with fines it might show the rest of them that they mean business. They need to at least make some kind of an attempt at solving the problem. Have they done anything? Does’nt anyone working for the FCC watch TV? Its time to set some examples. The fact that the broadcasters ignore the calm act only angers people more. People were looking forward to an end to this madness and this is all they get. How lame can it get. I would also like to add that I have never seen a TV with loudness control that worked very well if at all.

March 23, 2014 at 1:50 pm
(65) joan pettinger says:

i find the stroke ads on tv very upsetting its time they stopped doing them i lost my mum to this terrible thing and it is so annoying we all know now about this so take these ads off please