You can order U.S. flags that have flown over the Capitol Building from any member of Congress (U.S. Senators or Representatives)
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 10 Minutes
- Find the Web site or mailing address/phone number of your U.S. Senator or Representative. (See Related Features for help.)
- Visit the Congress member's Web site and click on the link called "Constituent Services."
- On the "Constituent Services" page, select the link called "Flag Requests" or "Flag Orders."
- Follow the instructions supplied.
- Most of the Members' Web sites include order forms you can print out and mail in.
- Each U.S. flag comes with a certificate of authenticity. The certificate can include a personalized message for an event and/or person (example: For John Doe on his 35th Birthday -- Please limit the personal message to three sentences)
- Flags can also be flown on a specific date. Please provide three days advance notice to allow time to fly the flag on the requested date (example: a flag flown on an anniversary date)
- Be sure to include a mailing address to which your flag should be sent.
- Allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery.
- If none of your Senators or Representatives has a Web site (very
rare), phone or write their office and ask how to order a "flag that has
flown over the Capitol."
- Cotton or nylon flags in sizes from 3x5 feet to 8x12 feet are available and cost from $15.00 to $84.00 (prices may vary slightly).
flags can be ordered from U.S. Representatives. They cost from $18.55 to
$36.20, but cannot be flown over the Capitol.